• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
There is also a thread on each board (last month's November 09 Board, before that October 09 Boards, ect). They are long threads, but that info is hidden in there too.

Nice you know who got selected a year from now? Did I get picked up in January? :)

totorunner

Where to take the ASTB?

Hey all,

I just found out a few days ago I was selected to go to CG OCS in Jan 09. I am hoping to knock out my ASTB and flight physical before then. Where can I go to take the ASTB? I tried going to a navy recruiter, but they won't do it since I'm CG. My CG recruiter doesn't have the ability to issue it. I live near Pensacola so I know there has to someplace around the area I get it done!

I want to take it before I leave so I have a chance of doing well on it. At OCS is not the best place to do it.

Brunes

pilot
It's kinda lame that the Navy recruiter wouldn't let you take it-
It's a computer test that takes a couple hours max...They print out a letter that day (at least they did for me).

I took it in Tampa with the USF ROTC program. Try talking to UWF ROTC folks??

Congrats on your selection to OCS...Enjoy New London...Winter isn't the greatest time there...but it's still a decent place. Get to Boston if you get the chance.

totorunner

Thanks,

I just checked UWF's site and they only have army ROTC so that's out. It seems my only option is the navy recruiter...but they don't want to do it for me being I'm not interested in the Navy..:(

Lobster

Thanks,

I just checked UWF's site and they only have army ROTC so that's out. It seems my only option is the navy recruiter...but they don't want to do it for me being I'm not interested in the Navy..:(

Simple solution is to show interest in the Navy haha, the CG selects you for OCS before you take the ASTB?

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
It's kinda lame that the Navy recruiter wouldn't let you take it-
It's a computer test that takes a couple hours max...They print out a letter that day (at least they did for me).

I took it in Tampa with the USF ROTC program. Try talking to UWF ROTC folks??

Congrats on your selection to OCS...Enjoy New London...Winter isn't the greatest time there...but it's still a decent place. Get to Boston if you get the chance.

UWF doesn't have NROTC. The only Navy OR in the area is at Saufley Field. PM me if you haven't talked to them yet.

If the Navy OR won't do it then get your CG OR to talk to them. Simple.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
If you can get on base, go to the light house, this is where the Coast Guard liaison office is located - second floor, and ask around. They are the ones that deal with all of the CG studs in API. I had to go there to ask some questions for a friend, I say this because it looks like an abandoned haunted house with all locked doors and I wondered if I was in the right place. Go up the back steps and walk around the porch to the front door and just go in. Somebody will be in there and hook you up.

totorunner

If you can get on base, go to the light house, this is where the Coast Guard liaison office is located - second floor, and ask around. They are the ones that deal with all of the CG studs in API. I had to go there to ask some questions for a friend, I say this because it looks like an abandoned haunted house with all locked doors and I wondered if I was in the right place. Go up the back steps and walk around the porch to the front door and just go in. Somebody will be in there and hook you up.

That is where I did my interview for OCS! That might work too, I will try that office next. Thanks

BullGator

Nice you know who got selected a year from now? Did I get picked up in January? :)
Haha, good stuff. I did it twice: can't even say it was a typographical error. I'm not even going to change/edit it.

By the way, OUSooner, you were not pro-rec'd in the Jan 09 board. ;) -Sorry. :icon_lol:

kray

Took the ASTB today, what do the scores mean?

Hi,

I just took the ASTB today, finished in an hour and a half and got a 7 - 8 - 7 - 59. I don't really know what those scores mean (I am applying for a BDCP pilots slot) but my recruiter told me they were pretty good. Now all I have to do is pass the PRT. This is where I am getting a little worried. I am fat or in poor health (6'5", ~180 lbs). But I am kinda having trouble with the push-up's /sit ups portion of the PRT. I am just fine as far as the 1.5 mile run goes, but the push up/sit up part of it is worring me a bit. Any tips?

Thanks.

Kameron

kray

Took the ASTB today, what do the scores mean?

Hi, I took the ASTB today, finished in an hour and a half and got a 7; 8; 7; 59. My recruiter told me that was good. Is it? What do the numbers mean? By the way, I am going for BDCP pilot

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Please take a look in the ASTB thread and ye shall discover the answer. OR you can use the search function.

index-search.gif

Thread closed.

-ea6bflyr ;)