• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

nahemker1234

I also used my wrist watch as a timer so it would go off one minute before the test time was up. I think it is good for situational awareness

BleedGreen

pilot
Would someone mind walking me through this problem?

It takes 2 guys 45 min to make 6 pizzas, how long does it take 3 guys to make 12 pizzas?

I have used the search function as well as read this whole thread and had no luck finding it.

the way i did it was something like this.....
6 pizzas divided by 2 guys is 3 pizzas per guy....
total of 45 minutes to make 3 pizzas is 15 minutes per pizza (45/3 = 15)

it takes 3 guys x minutes to make 12 pizzas...
12 pizzas divided by 3 guys is 4 pizzas per guy
4 pizzas x 15 minutes = 60 minutes to make a total of 12 pizzas
thats how i did it.....

How do you solve questions
#29 What is the closest approximation to (0.0010197)(5001)(42.974)
#34 for all real numbers x and y, x*y = y(x+1)
if -4*j = -6, then j=

I feel like they're easy but im just missing something...

TheBirdy

pilot
#29: Guess it would depend on the answer choices, personally I would round 0.0010197 to 0.001, 5001 to 5000 and 42.974 to 43.
(0.001)(5000)(43)= 215 (no calculator, it's easy enough to jot down on paper, or even do in your head).

What are the answer choices for #34?

Kmiller361

#29: Guess it would depend on the answer choices, personally I would round 0.0010197 to 0.001, 5001 to 5000 and 42.974 to 43.
(0.001)(5000)(43)= 215 (no calculator, it's easy enough to jot down on paper, or even do in your head).

What are the answer choices for #34?

-6,6,2,4 are the choices and 2 is the answer

Im also going to post my study guide ... which its basically atrickpays study guide with updated info....

Attachments

• Atrickpays - ASTB_Personal_Study_Guide 2.0.zip
    597.9 KB · Views: 161

spaniard87

Dec 2012 SNA Pro Rec
John, thanks a lot for taking the time to summarize this huge thread for us. It will save people a lot of time.

By any chance does anybody know the answer to which is the bomber most used in the 50's by SAC? I tried searching this forum, the web and wikipidia and didn't come up with a concrete answer. Thanks

BleedGreen

pilot
John, thanks a lot for taking the time to summarize this huge thread for us. It will save people a lot of time.

By any chance does anybody know the answer to which is the bomber most used in the 50's by SAC? I tried searching this forum, the web and wikipidia and didn't come up with a concrete answer. Thanks

Are you sure its not this one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convair_B-36

It says in the description that the B-36 was the primary bomber used by SAC during the 50's

"...., the B-36 was the primary nuclear weapons delivery vehicle of the Strategic Air Command (SAC)...."

Sonog

pilot
Are you sure its not this one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convair_B-36

It says in the description that the B-36 was the primary bomber used by SAC during the 50's

"...., the B-36 was the primary nuclear weapons delivery vehicle of the Strategic Air Command (SAC)...."

"The B-47 entered service with the United States Air Force's Strategic Air Command (SAC) in 1951. It never saw combat as a bomber, but was a mainstay of SAC's bomber strength during the 1950s and early 1960s"

It also lists the number built in the 2000s vs the 300 some of the B-36. In any case, I highly doubt they include both in the answer choices.