• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 01APR2024 INTEL BOARD

EchoMike

Applicant here, as well. This will be my fourth Intel board. Hopefully they see my multiple attempts as tenacious and fourth time is the charm...but I may just have to accept that my age is a factor (despite not needing a waiver) and route my service ambitions towards Guard or Reserve options.

OAR: 55
Undergrad gpa: 3.16
Masters gpa: 4.0
Average gpa 3.43
Prior service: N

Does anyone have the stats on how many they anticipate selecting this round?

Best of luck!

exNavyOffRec

Applicant here, as well. This will be my fourth Intel board. Hopefully they see my multiple attempts as tenacious and fourth time is the charm...but I may just have to accept that my age is a factor (despite not needing a waiver) and route my service ambitions towards Guard or Reserve options.

OAR: 55
Undergrad gpa: 3.16
Masters gpa: 4.0
Average gpa 3.43
Prior service: N

Does anyone have the stats on how many they anticipate selecting this round?

Best of luck!
If you aren't picked up this time looking at those other options isn't a bad idea depending on your work experience.

Age is only a factor if you need a waiver otherwise it doesn't matter, more likely is your lower UG GPA that is pulling down your average GPA.

Historically a person's best chance is their first board unless there are changes in the application like further education, it is about best qualified and number of applications doesn't matter to the board, the pool of candidates could have been very good the past several boards so maybe this time you will make the cut if the pool of candidates is smaller?

EchoMike

If you aren't picked up this time looking at those other options isn't a bad idea depending on your work experience.

Age is only a factor if you need a waiver otherwise it doesn't matter, more likely is your lower UG GPA that is pulling down your average GPA.

Historically a person's best chance is their first board unless there are changes in the application like further education, it is about best qualified and number of applications doesn't matter to the board, the pool of candidates could have been very good the past several boards so maybe this time you will make the cut if the pool of candidates is smaller?

Y-sky

I've missed the deadline for the November Intel board (MEPS approval letter arrived one day too late) and it in itself was disheartening for me. I was concerned about my selection chances, but possibility of not even making it onto the candidate list never crossed my mind.

Hearing you guys sticking it through multiple attempts and keeping your head high - that's the Courage and Commitment to your goal the Navy values in their service members to begin with! I have a lot of respect @barthazarr and @EchoMike

No stats to share at the moment. If I hear anything from my recruiter I'll post here. Good luck! Ganbare!

k_8

Applying for Intel in April!
OAR: 53
Undergrad GPA: 3.5 BSET from Embry-Riddle w/ minors in UAS & Security Intelligence
Prior Service: 11 years 7 months currently an ET1
Waivers: TIS

jetski77

Hello, I'm currently also putting applying for Intel Pro board this year. Had a question about interview appraisal. Does the interview appraisal have to be from O-6 only ? Or it can be from O-4 or O-5 ? Currently active duty enlisted, already had 3 O-6 interviews, trying to add one more, I just can't find another O6

exNavyOffRec

Hello, I'm currently also putting applying for Intel Pro board this year. Had a question about interview appraisal. Does the interview appraisal have to be from O-6 only ? Or it can be from O-4 or O-5 ? Currently active duty enlisted, already had 3 O-6 interviews, trying to add one more, I just can't find another O6
I would check the 1420.1b but I believe you only need 3, if you don't see the answer in that document you could verify with Paul Celestin.

HE Pennypacker

I've missed the deadline for the November Intel board (MEPS approval letter arrived one day too late) and it in itself was disheartening for me. I was concerned about my selection chances, but possibility of not even making it onto the candidate list never crossed my mind.

Hearing you guys sticking it through multiple attempts and keeping your head high - that's the Courage and Commitment to your goal the Navy values in their service members to begin with! I have a lot of respect @barthazarr and @EchoMike

No stats to share at the moment. If I hear anything from my recruiter I'll post here. Good luck! Ganbare!

So it looks like I'm in a similar boat for this board....whoever is reviewing my medical packet is dragging their heels and doesn't look like I'm going to be able to get my package in for April. If I'm reading this correctly it looks like there's another board in August (packages due 8 July), can someone confirm whether or not I'm looking at the right thing? If so that's not as bad as I thought, was dreading having to wait another 6 months to a year especially at my age.

39 y/o (will be 40 when the board meets)

OAR 59

BA (History and Political Science) 2.2, MBA (Finance) 3.5, AAS (Intelligence Operations) 4.0, also have 45 credit hours from DLI with a 3.5. My total GPA if I have it calculated correctly is 3.0 however obviously my bachelor's is dragging it down severely most of which was coursework I took years ago, I am highlighting in my personal statement that my GPA for all coursework I've completed within the last 10 years is 3.6

Prior service Army HUMINT, ~7.5 years including 2 combat deployments, some advanced training, combat leadership, and completed language school for Mandarin. Formerly held TS/SCI, expired now but wouldn't expect any issues re-obtaining

LOR - Not certain yet but will probably get one from a former civilian boss and 2 former bosses in the Army, also might get an additional one from a family friend who is a retired intel O-6 in another service

Might need 1 waiver, still waiting to hear back on it

Good luck everyone, hope to see some of you out there in the fleet down the line.

causekim

Either program authorizations, or fleet ocs checklist do not specify the ranks. The checklist says 3 interviews with officers. However, the higher the better i heard.

dalovedocta

Degree: Political Science and History.
GPA: 3.75
OAR: 54
Prior: No

Didn't have much time to study for the OAR for this board, so I'm not too optimistic. I plan on retaking the OAR to trying to boost my chances.

bloom777

Might not clear medical in time for April but
Degree: Classics
GPA: 3.5
OAR: 67
Good luck everybody!

cookiemonster

Degree: Structural engineering
GPA: 4.0
OAR: 60

This will be my second time applying. I still haven't figured out what check marks I missed. Hoping to see y'all at OCS.