• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 01APR2024 INTEL BOARD

Y-sky

Degree: Structural engineering
GPA: 4.0
OAR: 60
Prior: No

This will be my second time applying. I still haven't figured out what check marks I missed. Hoping to see y'all at OCS.
Children comment made me chuckle, lol

You say this is your second try. Were you a non-select for the November 2023 board? That GPA is pristine!

cookiemonster

Children comment made me chuckle, lol

You say this is your second try. Were you a non-select for the November 2023 board? That GPA is pristine!
Correct, I submitted for the Nov board. I guess I have one more good try before I have to think really hard about how much I really want to be in the Navy (I really do) and choose a different job.

Dingdong

Hey, all! I’m an applicant for this board. Here are my stats:

Degree: International Studies w/ concentrations in Middle East and Conflict Resolution
GPA: 3.5
OAR: 58
Prior: No, but I’m a medical drop from USMC OCS - not sure how that’ll affect my package.
LORs: One from supervisor from a federal job. Another from a peer who is an Army NCO.
Waivers: None

Hope to see you all out there. We got this!

navyreader

Happy April Fool's Day Board!
But seriously, any fellow applicants for this one out here?
Hi!
I was selected for Intel in the November 2023 board and I ship to OCS for the upcoming April class. Here were my stats:
Degree: Humanities, Classics, and Religion for BA (3.5ish GPA); Intel. Studies with a Graduate Certificate in U.S. National Security for MS (4.0 GPA)
I was fortunate enough to be selected on my first submission. I had four letters of recommendation, one from a supervisor, two from Naval Officers (pilots), and one from an Officer in the MC. I was told early on that letters from Navy/MC officers are the best, the closer to intel the better (I had no references in the area). I was also told by a non-Intel Officer that it's rare for applicants to be selected for intel without either prior experience or a masters.
I hope this helps!

exNavyOffRec

Hi!
I was selected for Intel in the November 2023 board and I ship to OCS for the upcoming April class. Here were my stats:
Degree: Humanities, Classics, and Religion for BA (3.5ish GPA); Intel. Studies with a Graduate Certificate in U.S. National Security for MS (4.0 GPA)
I was fortunate enough to be selected on my first submission. I had four letters of recommendation, one from a supervisor, two from Naval Officers (pilots), and one from an Officer in the MC. I was told early on that letters from Navy/MC officers are the best, the closer to intel the better (I had no references in the area). I was also told by a non-Intel Officer that it's rare for applicants to be selected for intel without either prior experience or a masters.
I hope this helps!
All the people I had or saw picked up had no Intel experience, OCS is the program where that really doesn't matter, what does matter is very good GPA and LOR's from those who have seen you perform over time that can write to your work ethic and character.

Your GPA is what I would expect to see from someone picked up.

Ian NP

Applying for the first time on this one. I am primarily going up for CW but I was advised to apply for Intel despite my OAR Score being under 50. Apparently the LORs, GPA, Interviews, Degree and experience will (supposedly) be enough to convince the board! We'll see, but I'll update after results post for me! Best of luck everyone :)

Degree: Intelligence Studies with a concentration on Latin American Security
OAR: 47
Prior: Currently AD with just over 5 years TIS
LORs: Two from Captains
Waivers: OAR Score

exNavyOffRec

Applying for the first time on this one. I am primarily going up for CW but I was advised to apply for Intel despite my OAR Score being under 50. Apparently the LORs, GPA, Interviews, Degree and experience will (supposedly) be enough to convince the board! We'll see, but I'll update after results post for me! Best of luck everyone :)

Degree: Intelligence Studies with a concentration on Latin American Security
OAR: 47
Prior: Currently AD with just over 5 years TIS
LORs: Two from Captains
Waivers: OAR Score
Are you in an IWC rate? CW really wants their selectees to have a tech degree or at least have completed the Physics and Calc series. If you are in an IWC rate that could be a wild card.

Ian NP

Are you in an IWC rate? CW really wants their selectees to have a tech degree or at least have completed the Physics and Calc series. If you are in an IWC rate that could be a wild card.
Correct, I have 3 years of leadership experience in an IWC role, as a CT. 5 years total as a CT.

Ian NP

Correct, I have 3 years of leadership experience in an IWC role, as a CT. 5 years total as a CT.
Not to mention that CW is borderline desperate for people, and over half of the officer at my command were liberal arts degrees with no calculus to boot. They have all given me their confidence :)

exNavyOffRec

Not to mention that CW is borderline desperate for people, and over half of the officer at my command were liberal arts degrees with no calculus to boot. They have all given me their confidence :)
Based on the numbers that have applied and been rejected they are not desperate for people.

It works out over time that about 90% have had degrees that were STEM and 10% didn't for CW, I put a few in as CW's who had liberal arts degrees, both started out as tech and as such completed their Calc and Physics series.

Since you are in a CW rate that is the wild card and you will have a better shot than a person not in a CW rate that doesn't have the Calc and Physics.

k_8

Monday is the big day!
It was confirmed with me on Tuesday that my package will be seen on this board (it almost wasn't due to a medical waiver for my ADHD).
My interviews were done at ONI with one of them being the XO of a command there.
Even though I'm not an IWC rate per se, I feel like my STEM degree with calc/physics will help?
Good luck everyone 😊