• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Acception into USNA

FutureNavy84

I posted on this forum before but I wanted to update and ask the people where accepted to academy what your high school academics were like. Next year I plan to take Honors classes, I have a 3.7 GPA going into my junior year and am playing varsity football. Do you think I am on right tract and if not what should I do to correct? Please respond.

Bevo16

pilot
Col Angus stole my post.

I think that FutureNavy84 from Ohio should probably just directly apply to the "astro-not" program.

P3 F0

None
I want to call you an ass...but that thought crossed my mind as well.
Why would you think he's being an ass? He actually asked a reasonably PC question instead of calling the guy an idiot, which is always the wise thing to do when challenging someone's grammar on a message board. My first question after reading the OP was how he managed a 3.7 while using that horrible grammar. Either he's not native, he's lying about the GPA, and/or he's at a strangely lenient school.

UF_ME

In the world of outrageous weighed GPA's what is the average GPA of acceptance for the USNA? I only ask because I think of the military academies as very prestigious (maybe even borderline Ivy) and the average freshman GPA at my average university is 4.125.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lots of factors go into selection with academics. Just asking the average GPA doesn't really explain much. Even where you're from makes a difference. If you happened to be a Maryland resident, for example, using the word "acception" on your application probably wouldn't get you a nomination.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
In the world of outrageous weighed GPA's what is the average GPA of acceptance for the USNA? I only ask because I think of the military academies as very prestigious (maybe even borderline Ivy) and the average freshman GPA at my average university is 4.125.

For some reason I find that VERY hard to believe, have any reference to this?

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Why would you think he's being an ass? He actually asked a reasonably PC question instead of calling the guy an idiot, which is always the wise thing to do when challenging someone's grammar on a message board. My first question after reading the OP was how he managed a 3.7 while using that horrible grammar. Either he's not native, he's lying about the GPA, and/or he's at a strangely lenient school.

I know he's not being an ass. That's why I said "That thought crossed my mind as well." In some instances, this question can be insulting or derogatory. However,I understand that for some people, English is a secondary language. So, I think it's a completely valid question, one that might help account for his grammar.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I guess you could have over a 4.0 if your school weighted AP classes extra or something.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I guess you could have over a 4.0 if your school weighted AP classes extra or something.

That's the case for the school district I attended. Certain classes (not just AP classes) were graded on a different scale.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
^^ I thought most colleges instantly unweighted your grades to rack and stack you on a level playing field? Not in FL though?