• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11JUL17 Pilot/NFO board

Hey all checking in,

SNA Applicant
Pro Rec N 12Apr
Pro Rec ? 11July
ASTB: 57 7/9/7
Education: Bachelors of Science in Aeronautics
GPA: 3.17
College: University of North Dakota
Prior Service: None

Best of luck everyone, hopefully see you in a few months!

Demi Durkin

OCS Applicant
Hey all checking in,

SNA Applicant
Pro Rec N 12Apr
Pro Rec ? 11July
ASTB: 57 7/9/7
Education: Bachelors of Science in Aeronautics
GPA: 3.17
College: University of North Dakota
Prior Service: None

Best of luck everyone, hopefully see you in a few months!

Hey, welcome and good luck! What changed/what did you improve from the April board until now? Your ASTB looks really good, I'm surprised you got an N.

jpham89

ProRec Y SNFO
Contributor
Does anyone know if this is the last Board for this year? And any idea when the next one is?

jpham89

ProRec Y SNFO
Contributor
Ask your OR.

Probably should've mentioned it, but I did ask my OR. He said that I just missed the last one and have to wait until the next fiscal year. It just seemed strange to me that it's only July and it's the last one. He's unsure with the future dates but I was just wondering if anyone else here has heard of anything so it could create some deadline for myself.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Probably should've mentioned it, but I did ask my OR. He said that I just missed the last one and have to wait until the next fiscal year. It just seemed strange to me that it's only July and it's the last one. He's unsure with the future dates but I was just wondering if anyone else here has heard of anything so it could create some deadline for myself.

Be advised fiscal year is October-September.

Carina

so is everyone here a super good swimmer and not afraid of heights lol? Because I am lol (not the swimming part). But love to fly (at least commercial as of now). Through out the day sometimes I think to myself, what am I doing? but then I go back to excitement.

Safashton

so is everyone here a super good swimmer and not afraid of heights lol? Because I am lol (not the swimming part). But love to fly (at least commercial as of now). Through out the day sometimes I think to myself, what am I doing? but then I go back to excitement.

Aviation Rescue swimmer in the Navy, so I have that part down. Heights are not a problem for me as long as its a reasonable fall to the water or I'm in an aircraft, but sky diving, no thanks. Don't have to be a great swimmer to be an officer, but as a pilot you'll have to do the 1 mile swim in flight suit and boots in some certain time limit, I can't remember, its been 8 years since I did it (This probably occurs during API for pilots). Even then, we had tons of pilots or non rescue swimmer aircrewman who weren't great swimmers and still passed the 1 mile swim.

Carina

Aviation Rescue swimmer in the Navy, so I have that part down. Heights are not a problem for me as long as its a reasonable fall to the water or I'm in an aircraft, but sky diving, no thanks. Don't have to be a great swimmer to be an officer, but as a pilot you'll have to do the 1 mile swim in flight suit and boots in some certain time limit, I can't remember, its been 8 years since I did it (This probably occurs during API for pilots). Even then, we had tons of pilots or non rescue swimmer aircrewman who weren't great swimmers and still passed the 1 mile swim.
I did four years enlisted and went to the kiddie pool in boot camp :(. I have since learned a little and still learning at the YMCA. Definitely doing because I want to go pilot. And I think that API swim is 80min, I think that's what I read.

Well I'm glad I won't be the first nor last "not so good" swimmer