• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11JUL17 Pilot/NFO board

Beamer19

pilot
See above post.
Are the summer boards usually more competitive due to the increase in eligible candidates (college graduates or rising Seniors) compared to any other board? Or does do the quotas for Pilots and NFOs change and vary for every board?

Carina

Are the summer boards usually more competitive due to the increase in eligible candidates (college graduates or rising Seniors) compared to any other board? Or does do the quotas for Pilots and NFOs change and vary for every board?
heyyyy!! I take it you were able to submit? You were the one with the Doctor's appt the very day kits were due....

Beamer19

pilot
heyyyy!! I take it you were able to submit? You were the one with the Doctor's appt the very day kits were due....
Yeah! I heard the phone conversation between my recruiting office and the NRD office to say that they received my paperwork via email and I was all set for this board. They were just waiting for my medical clearance. Assuming you made it in?

Carina

Yeah! I heard the phone conversation between my recruiting office and the NRD office to say that they received my paperwork via email and I was all set for this board. They were just waiting for my medical clearance. Assuming you made it in?
so happy for you. Yes I did too! :)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

You need to have an approved N3M letter in order to submit. Unless your NRD asked for an extension there's a good possibility...

jjg

Checking in after lurking and getting a no on the April board. Retook the ASTB and graduated college since then.
Also adding SNFO/SWO as other choices.

SNA/SNFO/SWO
ASTB: 52 6/6/6
Studied: Computing and Information Science
GPA: 3.4

exNavyOffRec

Checking in after lurking and getting a no on the April board. Retook the ASTB and graduated college since then.

SNA/SNFO/SWO

You will get pro X'd if you put SWO third, needs to be first or second.

jjg

You will get pro X'd if you put SWO third, needs to be first or second.
SNA/SNFO are what I really want. My recruiter told me I could put a third choice and said I would be competitive for SWO so I just put it down. But, I would do SWO without anydoubt if given the chance.

exNavyOffRec

There's a rumor going on that NRC is going to axe the "must be second or higher" choices because folks were complaining they were given too few choices as to what programs to pursue.

That would be nice, it was funny years ago that the APSR had only 3 choices, then they expanded it to 5 and shortly after many designators wouldn't select you if you didn't put them 1 or 2, it is like they can't keep anything the same for any amount of time.

Carina

SNA/SNFO/SWO
What were your scores first time?