• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY 17 IDC DCO BOARD

Able

The 16th is Dr. King's birthday and a federal holiday. Does anyone know if that will affect when the board meets? Oh, the drama!

Good luck to everyone, especially to those who have been up before. I hope your persistence pays off.

Many of us have poured an obscene amount of time and energy into this. We've built a community of people who are on this peculiar quest. Thank you all for your participation in this community -- and more importantly for stepping up and asking for the ball.

I'm NRD Los Angeles.

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
The 16th is Dr. King's birthday and a federal holiday. Does anyone know if that will affect when the board meets?
Expect the board to "convene" the next business day. Same thing happened in FY16.

Separately, but in a related vein, I recall reading somewhere that the IWC board doesn't all meet together like other boards. Instead the board members will be forwarded (copies of) the kits, get them reviewed, and make their decisions. Don't have anything actually supporting that, but I'd be curious if either @RUFiO181 , or @NavyOffRec know the specifics on that.

exNavyOffRec

Expect the board to "convene" the next business day. Same thing happened in FY16.

Separately, but in a related vein, I recall reading somewhere that the IWC board doesn't all meet together like other boards. Instead the board members will be forwarded (copies of) the kits, get them reviewed, and make their decisions. Don't have anything actually supporting that, but I'd be curious if either @RUFiO181 , or @NavyOffRec know the specifics on that.

There are several that will do this, they will review the applications either while on a conference call or something similar.

TahoeDiver

My medical waiver did not come through, so I am not PRO BOARD and from what I'm being told a waiver for me is not possible for next year either. So I'm unfortunately at the end of this road. Wish I would have known that before spending so much time and effort on my package and interviews, but I did learn a lot just going through the process and met some great Navy Intel folks along the way. Will try to get into the civilian side of intel, but without military experience I'm hearing that is a tough row to hoe. We shall see. Best of luck to those still in the mix and waiting.

bryanteagle6

That's too bad tahoe. good luck to you!

I also will share that the board will meet this week and will not start until tuesday!

inpassing

My medical waiver did not come through, so I am not PRO BOARD and from what I'm being told a waiver for me is not possible for next year either. So I'm unfortunately at the end of this road. Wish I would have known that before spending so much time and effort on my package and interviews, but I did learn a lot just going through the process and met some great Navy Intel folks along the way. Will try to get into the civilian side of intel, but without military experience I'm hearing that is a tough row to hoe. We shall see. Best of luck to those still in the mix and waiting.

Sorry to hear that, at least you tried which is a lot more than most people. I think this week will be full of dashed hopes for people.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

There are several that will do this, they will review the applications either while on a conference call or something similar.

With PRIDEMOD II (program that replaced CIRIMS) being released board members don't have to travel to Millington and can review/disposition applications remotely. Save travel money/time and all.

exNavyOffRec

With PRIDEMOD II (program that replaced CIRIMS) being released board members don't have to travel to Millington and can review/disposition applications remotely. Save travel money/time and all.

That is good, they used to just burn CD's and mail them to the members

inpassing

I searched for this question and couldn't find the answer, but what does the board see from our packets? I assume motivational statement, officer appraisals, letters of reference and resume, and transcripts. What other items will they use?

Thanks.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I searched for this question and couldn't find the answer, but what does the board see from our packets? I assume motivational statement, officer appraisals, letters of reference and resume, and transcripts. What other items will they use?

Thanks.

Your OR can answer that.

aschappe

Hey all new here, so our DCO IDC boards wont convene until the 18 which is tomorrow? Is there any nav y reserve website that allows you to check if you were selected or not? Almost like how the Navy Advncement center sends out a list of who advanced. Or do we have to wait and here from recruiters who are lazy.... Thanks!

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Or do we have to wait and here from recruiters who are lazy....
*hear from

And, no, your Officer Recruiter is not lazy. He or she is likely deluged with qualified applicants for a variety of boards (plus other Navy work a recruiter has to do), and will devote as much time to each applicant as possible, given constraints.

I am not aware of an internal website where current enlisted SELRES members can self-check their DIRCOM selection status.