• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Women in the Marine Corps. Lowering Standards.

The_Pants

In recent news, the public has criticized the Marine Corps physical standards for women. Women are required to do 3 pull-ups. Because the drop out rate is so high they are deciding to change the requirement to a 15 sec. dead hang. Do you believe that the Marine Corps and other branches should lower their standards for certain combat positions just to allow women access? Would it ultimately weaken those units? Do you believe women have a place in combat intensive roles at all?

joe dirt

pilot
What do you think about women in combat? Do you have any personal experiences you'd like to share?

Pags

N/A
pilot
ackbar_obama_trap.jpg

Renegade One

None
In recent news, ...
In late-breaking news...with no disrespect, I hope you understand…every USN/USMC female applicant for SNA/SNFO probably has the creds/background and LORs equal to your own. The airplane simply doesn't care….

Your question would be more relevant…perhaps…if you were a committed USMC "03XX" applicant. But you're not…and maybe this isn't your best fight right now. Focus…and be tolerant of your fellow bro-and-sis applicants. Again…the airplane doesn't care...

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
In recent news, the public has criticized the Marine Corps physical standards for women. Women are required to do 3 pull-ups. Because the drop out rate is so high they are deciding to change the requirement to a 15 sec. dead hang. Do you believe that the Marine Corps and other branches should lower their standards for certain combat positions just to allow women access? Would it ultimately weaken those units? Do you believe women have a place in combat intensive roles at all?

... You're a bit late to the party. The standard hasn't changed from a flexed arm hang. It was going to be changed to three pullups but that has been pushed back another year.

Renegade One

None
... You're a bit late to the party. ...
I'm sure that's true, but this is the first time I've really noticed this "goodie" in your signature:

"You haven't won the race if in winning the race you have lost the respect of your competitors." -- Paul Elvstrom

I couldn't agree more...

Renegade One

None
...and if you can't, you get two ETs and a Refly.
Are we now talking "standards" or "different standards"? If everyone gets the 2XETs and a re-fly, I have no issues. If only SOME do…maybe. Assuming there's data to support what I perceive to be your contention…but I've been wrong before.

jmcquate

Contributor
The only meritocracy left is professional sports. As R1 says………..”Learn it, live it, love it”.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Are we now talking "standards" or "different standards"? If everyone gets the 2XETs and a re-fly, I have no issues. If only SOME do…maybe. Assuming there's data to support what I perceive to be your contention…but I've been wrong before.

It was mostly a joke. My point was that eventually, even if you suck, you still get two ETs and a refly, regardless of what's between your legs.

However, I've also seen where some more select people get two ETs and a refly...and then another ET...and then another ET...and then a refly that gets passed. Is it rare? Probably (my anecdotal evidence/experiences say so), but it happens.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor

That's strange, I missed the outpouring of public reaction to this.