• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Winging Card???

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, THAT card. I have it somewhere, to be found when I unpack.

Are you trying to recover from the burn? It's the one that tells you your "number" so if you care about that, it's nice to hold onto it.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I thought that was the only official documentation that I'm a real pilot, so mine's in a safe.

My guess is that by being in the US Military, there is a MOUNTAINOUS papertrail to prove your qualifications as a military pilot and records of your flight time.

UMichfly

pilot
None
My guess is that by being in the US Military, there is a MOUNTAINOUS papertrail to prove your qualifications as a military pilot and records of your flight time.

Close but no cigar. You are grossly misunderestimating :)D) the skills of PSD et al at losing/mixing up paperwork. What Arkham doesn't realize yet is that he's probably now recorded as being a Coastie and a ship driver.

Nose

pilot
I'm pretty sure they stopped giving out "numbers" a while ago. I didn't get one in '88.

Card comes in handy when you get caught speeding. (i.e. 300Kts < 10K feet)

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm pretty sure they stopped giving out "numbers" a while ago. I didn't get one in '88.

No number...too bad. When I got winged I got a certificate and number that said I was the 3,400++ aviator since CG aviator #1 (Elmer F. Stone, April 10, 1917...pilot of first plane to make TransAtlantic flight..the NC-4...awesome!). The list is available for each and every CG aviator somewhere on the internet.

Admin...can we get some wings for this gent?

Congrats!

Harrier Dude

Living the dream

Have you actually been busted for that?

I talked to the Richmond FAA rep and he said that they don't really care about the whole 250 under 10K thing. I've busted it so many times I can't count. Nobody ever says shit (except in flight school, where the IP freaks out around 255).

MasterBates

I have "Unrestricted Naval Aviator #26873" and I winged out of the HTs on 31JAN03.

Never seen that number anywhere else.

Don't have my card/certificates anymore (ex burnt them out of spite)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Have you actually been busted for that?

I talked to the Richmond FAA rep and he said that they don't really care about the whole 250 under 10K thing. I've busted it so many times I can't count. Nobody ever says shit (except in flight school, where the IP freaks out around 255).

A buddy of mine was telling me the other day that he got called out by ATC on it when booming back to Whiting (>200 Class C). He was cool about it (I think he said it was JD, for those that know who that is) and just asked him to slow down a bit.

HuggyU2

None
Can any of you guys post a photo of what this card looks like? I'm curious.
In the USAF, get a nice, diploma-looking document (suitable for framing!) stating we are now rated pilots, but no card to accompany it.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I got the "diploma" - now framed - an NFO "license" and an AIC "license". The licenses were numbered, though damned if it's ever meant anything. They're in the file with all my other Navy don't-need-it, but-don't-want-to-throw-it-away paperwork.

Now, the SERE certificate, that's in the fireproof safe, with multiple copies in different locations. I ain't never doing that again.