• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WHY BOTH MY OAR TESTS HAD NO FORMULA BAR IN MATH SECTION!!!!??

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
That's okay, 4 hours to closing time and then she will return with more pearls of wisdom and delusions of grandeur...

Halstead

First and foremost, the majority of you are gravely incorrect. Generally, when one does not know an answer, one simply says "I don't know."

Why? It helps not having to take your foot out of your mouth so much.

Back to the issues:

First,
The O.A.R. DOES have a formula bar in the Math section, this can be verified via.
Navy Med.,Pensacola Apex testing site, contact: Mr. Browning.

Secondly, both my tests had NO formula bars.

Thirdly, to say "basic" Math skills and make a public attempt to belittle me in public, shows, your lack of professionalism and failure to adhere to the "higher standard!"

Fourth, had you gotten problems correct, you would know, the level of skill increases; hence, the need for the formula bar.

Fifth, throwing credentials is not what I do! I state the credential, in hopes that someone has been raised accordingly and maintain military bearing and show some respect to a man that served the NAVY FOR FORTY FOUR YEARS!
If a kin asks a question. .help!
Trust me, there are several more credentials I could mention but will not!

Finally, While you lick your wounds and walk back with foot in mouth and tail between your legs....maybe next time...you don't have an answer or something good to say....KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!

AND IF YOUR CAPS SENSITIVE THEN TURN YOUR HEAD!!!

YOU LOSE!

OH...and the idiot talking about my breast size. ....you'd be wise to delete that comment before you have an issue!

Halstead

Do the words ENCOURAGE AND SUPPORT ring a bell?

You should really review your behaviors because several of you are just pathetic!

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I'm just replying because I want notifications on this thread, it's hilarious.
Fourth, had you gotten problems correct, you would know, the level of skill increases; hence, the need for the formula bar.
If this was meant to imply that other people didn't get any questions correct, then I don't really understand it. The vast majority of people you're talking to are already in the Navy, so clearly they passed the ASTB.
Fifth, throwing credentials is not what I do! I state the credential, in hopes that someone has been raised accordingly and maintain military bearing and show some respect to a man that served the NAVY FOR FORTY FOUR YEARS!
...yeah, that would be called "throwing credentials." Also, since you criticized someone else on it earlier on, people don't generally spell out the words for numerals over 20, but if you're going to do it, forty-four is hyphenated. But more to the point, he served 44 years in the Navy, not you. Is it something to be proud of? Absolutely, but every time you mention it as if it entitles you to something, it sounds like you're trying to ride his coattails.
YOU LOSE!
Yup, clearly you are the winner of this thread. Here's your prize:

images

You can display it proudly on your resume, right next to "My grandfather was a Rear Admiral."
In all seriousness, get some thicker skin. You're going to get ripped to shreds at OCS if you respond to everyone with as much aggression as you have here.

And to answer your original question:
Generally, when one does not know an answer, one simply says "I don't know."
I don't know.
But if you're planning on taking it a third time, I'd start committing some fundamental equations to memory just in case. I'd even consider trying a different testing facility in case the one you've been going to is just AFU and not displaying the formula bar. Whatever the case, hit the math books hard, because I doubt they're going to take "no formula bar" as an excuse, even if it is a valid one.

yuppppp

I'm just replying because I want notifications on this thread, it's hilarious.

If this was meant to imply that other people didn't get any questions correct, then I don't really understand it. The vast majority of people you're talking to are already in the Navy, so clearly they passed the ASTB.

...yeah, that would be called "throwing credentials." Also, since you criticized someone else on it earlier on, people don't generally spell out the words for numerals over 20, but if you're going to do it, forty-four is hyphenated. But more to the point, he served 44 years in the Navy, not you. Is it something to be proud of? Absolutely, but every time you mention it as if it entitles you to something, it sounds like you're trying to ride his coattails.

Yup, clearly you are the winner of this thread. Here's your prize:

images

You can display it proudly on your resume, right next to "My grandfather was a Rear Admiral."
In all seriousness, get some thicker skin. You're going to get ripped to shreds at OCS if you respond to everyone with as much aggression as you have here.

And to answer your original question:

I don't know.
But if you're planning on taking it a third time, I'd start committing some fundamental equations to memory just in case. I'd even consider trying a different testing facility in case the one you've been going to is just AFU and not displaying the formula bar. Whatever the case, hit the math books hard, because I doubt they're going to take "no formula bar" as an excuse, even if it is a valid one.
You need to treat her with more respect! !!

Jules_W

Hey @Halstead, I don't know if this will help but I am TERRIBLE at math (and I feel that I did horribly on the math portion), but I think how well I did in the other portions of the OAR really saved my score. So instead of stressing the math, maybe just focus on the other sections to make up for it? It seemed to work for me. I know your situation is different because your tests spazzed out on you but it's worth a shot.

Lancerr1

I do know, my first response was a little rude. Here we go: the formula bar is never deactivated or "not there". It's the blue empty box (on the right side?). It remains empty through the verbal skills and most of the math portion. The only time text shows up is if there is a really obscure equation to use. (So formulas like the Pythagorean theorem: a^2+b^2=c^2 do not show up because it expects you to commit those to memory. Formulas like the quadratic formula would show up. It is the only formula that showed up on my test for either attempt.) the ASTB APEX 4 doesn't have a disable function for the formula bar but it only shows up when it thinks you need it.

Deputydogf18

First and foremost, the majority of you are gravely incorrect. Generally, when one does not know an answer, one simply says "I don't know."

Why? It helps not having to take your foot out of your mouth so much.

Back to the issues:

First,
The O.A.R. DOES have a formula bar in the Math section, this can be verified via.
Navy Med.,Pensacola Apex testing site, contact: Mr. Browning.

Secondly, both my tests had NO formula bars.

Thirdly, to say "basic" Math skills and make a public attempt to belittle me in public, shows, your lack of professionalism and failure to adhere to the "higher standard!"

If a kin asks a question. .help!
Trust me, there are several more credentials I could mention but will not!

Finally, While you lick your wounds and walk back with foot in mouth and tail between your legs....maybe next time...you don't have an answer or something good to say....KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!

AND IF YOUR CAPS SENSITIVE THEN TURN YOUR HEAD!!!

YOU LOSE!

OH...and the idiot talking about my breast size. ....you'd be wise to delete that comment before you have an issue!

Halstead I agree, my test had a formula bar!! I had to retake the ASTB -E , scored much higher when I saw the formula bar! PM if you have any questions!

yuppppp

I do know, my first response was a little rude. Here we go: the formula bar is never deactivated or "not there". It's the blue empty box (on the right side?). It remains empty through the verbal skills and most of the math portion. The only time text shows up is if there is a really obscure equation to use. (So formulas like the Pythagorean theorem: a^2+b^2=c^2 do not show up because it expects you to commit those to memory. Formulas like the quadratic formula would show up. It is the only formula that showed up on my test for either attempt.) the ASTB APEX 4 doesn't have a disable function for the formula bar but it only shows up when it thinks you need it.
No. They should have told her!!!