• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who Is Going To NSI In Feb?

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
One note of caution, everything I mentioned has a common item, it is expensive$$$...

So true! I was born and raised in Massachusetts and from a cost of living standpoint, Mass is like the "California" of the East Coast! :eek:

On a brighter note, I forgot to mention that when it starts getting warm again, Cape Cod is an awesome place to visit as well. Plenty of beautiful beaches, lots of HOT women in the summer time (due to high tourism) and PLENTY of great places to eat. After all New England is known for it's sea food and where better to get a bowl of clam chowder? :D

MasterBates

I'm from right next to Plymouth, MA, and its a nice area.

But expensive, and populated with moonbats inside the 128 loop.

I do miss the good seafood. There is a lot of fun to be had in Newport. We usually went to Providence, cheaper, better shows a lot of the time and a shorter time to drive there.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
I'm from right next to Plymouth, MA, and its a nice area.

We usually went to Providence, cheaper, better shows a lot of the time and a shorter time to drive there.

Small world! My folks have a house in Norton now, but we used to live in Sharon and Wellesley before that.

+1 about Providence! I've actually got a younger brother who's in his Junior year at RISD up there so I'll probably go party with him from time to time! :D

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
farthest without a special lib chit / radius chit is Boston. Anything farther you need special permission. Check out the NSI website..

haubby

None
Contributor
I've got alot of friends in rotten Groton so I presume I may spend some time there. But yeah Boston is on the list of places to go. Who's with me?

erelislt

Anyone knows when will we find out which school was selected for us? Let's say I submit three school acceptances (w/degree plans), when would I know where I will go?

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Anyone knows when will we find out which school was selected for us? Let's say I submit three school acceptances (w/degree plans), when would I know where I will go?

From other rumblings and talking to Ed via email. As long as your choice selection has not changed since your initial application then I'd presume you'd get your first pick. You probably won't know until your orders come over msg traffic. It will say BOOST/NSI enroute to blah ROTC unit for ultimate duty or whatever. So I'm guessing you'll find out later this month.

erelislt

From other rumblings and talking to Ed via email. As long as your choice selection has not changed since your initial application then I'd presume you'd get your first pick. You probably won't know until your orders come over msg traffic. It will say BOOST/NSI enroute to blah ROTC unit for ultimate duty or whatever. So I'm guessing you'll find out later this month.

Thanks. Good info.

erelislt

Quick question ... is it a big deal if all my school selections are different from my initial (online) application?

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Quick question ... is it a big deal if all my school selections are different from my initial (online) application?

Nope. Just make sure Ed knows what your new 1st is or else they may just randomly choose.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
I only sent one package (degfree plan, asseptance letter) form one school in although I have others for a back up. That way I'm almost gaurenteed the school I want.

user2176

STA-21 Core Selectee FY08
Contributor
I only sent one package (degfree plan, asseptance letter) form one school in although I have others for a back up. That way I'm almost gaurenteed the school I want.

Can't you get dropped if the school is 'full'?

NAVADMIN 256/07
"APPLICATION TO MORE THAN ONE UNIVERSITY IS ADVISABLE SINCE ONLY A LIMITED NUMBER OF SELECTEES WILL BE PLACED AT EACH NROTC UNIT."

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
I have had constant communication with my potential NROTC and they are actually very short. In fact after this semester they will be down to 2 OC's.