• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who Is Going To NSI In Feb?

erelislt

Erelist you can tell your excitement just by your emails. In fact everyone on here who has completed those five daunting conditional items knows that feeling. The first couple of days after you are on cloud nine, and then, the waiting starts all over. Good job on getting everything done in time to get in on the first wave.

Thanks. I jumped the gun a bit too quick though. I sent all my acceptance letters and degree plans, but degree plans were not up to par :( All of them had me graduating 2010, but now I am told I have to graduate by 12/09. That gives me 1 1/2 to finish the degree. Anyone knows why that is? What hapenned to 36 months? There are couple other class adjustments that need to be made as well. Hopefully it will not take too long to make these corrections.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Anyone knows why that is? What hapenned to 36 months?

This should be in the "Stupid questions" thread. :D

Just kidding...seriously though were some of you sleeping when the rest of us were discussing all these same issues?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor

Just kidding...seriously though were some of you sleeping when the rest of us were discussing all these same issues?
I remember that discussion. I seem to recall it being specifically brought up by a very wise AW member.

Flamedog

Freshly stashed Ensign
Wow, that sucks man! Makes me glad I pressed so hard to get my done and submitted quickly!!

Yea, it does suck. Especially when I was done with my physical in Oct. and it took almost an entire month for me to get it signed by the Doc. That was with me calling them at least twice a week the entire time. If anyone is in the Hampton Roads area and needs an SNA physical, DON'T GO TO OCEANA! They only have one HM2 working in the AVMED office and a whole lot of Aviators that take precidence over you.

erelislt

I will just leave it at this.
Not everyone here is as "intellegent" as you, and don't have time to sit around at this site throughout the days.

Message to others: NO QUESTION IS DUMB QUESTION, especially when it comes to STA-21! :)

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
When is everyone getting to RI? I am thinking a week before the check-in.

Why so early? Your check-in date is most likely going to fall on a Friday or a Sunday prior to class-up which should be plenty of time to get settled. Some insight for anyone not originally from the New England area, R.I. is a TINY state (in fact it's the smallest INCONUS) and literally takes 45 minutes to driver thru from end to end going North/South on I-95! There will be enough stuff to do around Newport and in Providence, but I would also urge you to make at least one trip up to Boston to see what the city has to offer. All of my friends on my boat had a blast the last time we went!

LoneSailor

Quick question, do we have to wait for our physicals to be approved by bumed/nami before we can request for orders? I'm in the same boat as those 80 or so people waiting for their physicals to be reviewed and approved.

haubby

None
Contributor
No one personally requests their orders. When all five conditions are met, STA-21 will request orders from BUPERS. Its just a waiting game for us.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
No one personally requests their orders. When all five conditions are met, STA-21 will request orders from the BUPERS. Its just a waiting game for us.

Yup! Submit physicals and WAIT for BUMED/NOMI to say you're qualified and then WAIT for STA-21 to request your orders from BUPERS and then WAIT for BUPERS to cut your orders. WAIT, WAIT, WAIT!! :D

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
Why so early? Your check-in date is most likely going to fall on a Friday or a Sunday prior to class-up which should be plenty of time to get settled. My advice to you and anyone else not originally from the New England area, R.I. is a TINY state (in fact it's the smallest INCONUS) and literally takes 45 minutes to driver thru from end to end going North/South on I-95! There will be enough stuff to do around Newport and in Providence, but I would also urge you to make at least one trip up to Boston to see what the city has to offer. All of my friends on my boat had a blast the last time we went!

I lived in the New England Area for the last for years before just getting down to VA. I want to second how much there is to do in the Northeast. I would suggest since you are getting there in Feb, try skiing or snowboarding. Great Mountains, and great nightlife afterwards especially Killington. I was a season pass member the whole time I was in NY. Boston is good, so much history. You can just be walking around and stumble upon something amazing. Only down side is it is illegal to have a happy hour in Mass. Looks like Celtics games will be worthwhile also. For some of you going to NSI in Feb if any of your fellow NSIers offer to bring you up to Saratoga Springs, NY a) I worked with them and am great friends with them and b) go, Saratoga Springs is an amazing party town. It is about a two hours away. Any of you Nukes out there will probaly run into some of your old friends who are instructors up there. Remember NYC is only a couple of hours away as well, and that place speaks for itself. One note of caution, everything I mentioned has a common item, it is expensive$$$...