• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who Is Going To NSI In Feb?

68 Chevelle

MM1 Nuke->FY08 STA-21 NFO Selectee
Congrats to both of you I know your pain. By the sound of it seems like I am leaving the ELT world at the right time. If I never see the guys in ties again that will be alright.

Ditto on those in ties, I work at prototype currently and I will be extremely happy when I leave for NSI and leave the nuke world behind all together. Is anyone planning on attending Eastern Michigan University after NSI?

68 Chevelle

MM1 Nuke->FY08 STA-21 NFO Selectee
Ahhh so you feel my pain as well, atleast our fill admin valves are installed the right way! LoL I'm sure we're not the only ones looking forward to a 3 year reprive from the normal daily grind! I am really looking forward to meeting everyone at NSI. It will be nice to be surrounded by truly the best that the navy has.

erelislt

Got my first Degree Plan today! Although for the Summer semesters my advisor gave me two classes - 6 credits. Is that acceptable? Has anyone already got orders to NSI for Feb???

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
It is acceptable. The instruction says a student must maintain full time status. The go on the describe full time as at least 15 credit hours per semester for Fall and Spring, and 6 for Summer.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Has anyone already got orders to NSI for Feb???

Haubby heard from Ed that the first request will be done first week in December. I'm sure as soon as someone gets their orders requested we'll all hear about it and then it is supposedly only 10 days until you'll see them.

user2176

STA-21 Core Selectee FY08
Contributor
Haubby heard from Ed that the first request will be done first week in December. I'm sure as soon as someone gets their orders requested we'll all hear about it and then it is supposedly only 10 days until you'll see them.

The good news is we still have a week to get physicals in/back and get our school paperwork in. I'm just waiting on BUMED.

So how's PT going for everyone? Anyone for a 8:30 mile and a half?

erelislt

Thanks, good info, hopefully I will have my other two degree plans by the start of Dec :)

Tgoss21

I just turned 27 in September and dealing eith the same stuff! I will also be reporting the 17th of Feb for NSI. See you guys there. Hey, I got my physical done back in April but my "Doc's" are having trouble finding out if it was sent in. how do I check that?

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
I just turned 27 in September and dealing eith the same stuff! I will also be reporting the 17th of Feb for NSI. See you guys there. Hey, I got my physical done back in April but my "Doc's" are having trouble finding out if it was sent in. how do I check that?

Your Doc should not have sent the paperwork anywhere. It states EXPLICITLY to not forward the forms to BUMED or NOMI yourself or by way of your Doc. You need to pull your record and obtain copies of the completed forms along with your record of HIV testing (which must have a date AND the results which are not normally recorded when they are negative) and then mail/fax/email the forms to STA-21 program coordinators in Pensacola. You can get the contact information from their website or the NAVADMIN of selection results for this year that should have been given to you by your CoC which outlines all of this. If you don't have a copy or haven't seen a copy I'm pretty sure it is now linked from the Admin section of the STA-21 website.

Once you take care of this you can check your "Physical/Placement status" online at the STA-21 website by logging in with your social and password you previously setup if you used the online data submission during the application season.

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
The good news is we still have a week to get physicals in/back and get our school paperwork in. I'm just waiting on BUMED.

So how's PT going for everyone? Anyone for a 8:30 mile and a half?

Not to under achieve, but you don't need to run an 8:30.....but if you do, please be standing by around the 10:00 minute mark with a cup of water for me!

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
Not to under achieve, but you don't need to run an 8:30.....but if you do, please be standing by around the 10:00 minute mark with a cup of water for me!

I agree with that statement. I never ran over 8:47 in 4.5 years in the Navy. Then, I get STA and I guess that little extra motivation to stand out goes away and bam 9:38

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
I agree with that statement. I never ran over 8:47 in 4.5 years in the Navy. Then, I get STA and I guess that little extra motivation to stand out goes away and bam 9:38

I was the opposite. I usually run in the 11:00-11:30 time frame, which is a Good Low at best. Cutting it a little close! I had extra motivation to NOT FAIL and loose my spot and I ran a 10:20! Believe it or not, I came in 10th overall that day for fastest run, which is pitiful!

Anyway, one of you fast guys better be in the back at the start! I'm working on my time still, but I haven't run faster than a 9:42 ever, and that was in Aircrew School just after boot camp almost 8 years ago!