• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Why do you guys like NATO straps so much? That's like driving a Mercedes around on donut rims.

I will admit that I swapped my X-33's kevlar strap out because it smelled like death and turned fuzzy after about 3 months of wearing it (known problem), but I replaced it with a nice hirsch leather strap.

Pags

N/A
pilot
You could argue that a NATO help keeps the tool watch look. Especially for aviation watches since that's where NATO straps came from.

I think they have their place in a casual setting or if you need to add bulk to a smaller watch.

Doesn't hurt to have a few straps to Change out depending on mood, dress, etc.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Regarding NATOs...yes, they do have a tool watch appearnace...AND they’re safer for your watch [head]. A spring bar fails when utilizing a bracelet and/or conventional strap/band...DANG...the watch head will most likely hit the deck and the movement/case/bezel/crystal could be damaged. A spring bar fails when utilizing a NATO...SWEET...you still have another spring bar preventing the watch [head] from hitting the deck. Spring bars fail...not often...but they do fail.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Double dog Seiko autos for vol duty at the VA today...6309-7049 [1986] and SRP777K1 [2016]...both on the amazing @ChuckMK23 Mt. Baker band...

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I've tried them, but NATO straps just aren't my thing. I do sometimes put a replica Apollo strap on my regular Speedy, but that's really just for fun. Most of the time (and currently) it is on the steel bracelet. X-33 lives on the bracelet because nothing else looks as nice, and I think the Tin Tin Speedy looks great on a B and R classic racing strap. ?21326

BarryD

Contributor
I've tried them, but NATO straps just aren't my thing. I do sometimes put a replica Apollo strap on my regular Speedy, but that's really just for fun. Most of the time (and currently) it is on the steel bracelet. X-33 lives on the bracelet because nothing else looks as nice, and I think the Tin Tin Speedy looks great on a B and R classic racing strap. ?View attachment 21326
Lots of speedying going on there. Do you rotate depending on the day of the week or what?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Lots of speedying going on there. Do you rotate depending on the day of the week or what?

Everybody needs a hobby or two. :D

I rotate them as the mood strikes, more or less. I wear the X-33 for flying, and the regular Moonwatch about half the time when not flying. The TinTin Moonwatch gets worn once or twice a week, usually more during the summer months.

Last edited:

BarryD

Contributor
Everybody needs a hobby or two. :D

I rotate them as the mood strikes, more or less. I wear the X-33 for flying, and the regular Moonwatch about half the time when not flying. The TinTin Moonwatch gets worn once or twice a week, usually more during the summer months.
Roger.

Gotta love watches!