• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
@mad dog Have you ever done the NASA strap on one of the Seikos? Any Seiko strap recommendations?
@Pags is right...go with the one(s) that you like the best.

I’ve never worn the Omega replica NASA strap on either one of my Seiko autos...that would be like putting Chevy parts on either of my two Fords (2001 Mustang Bullitt and 2007 Police Interceptor)...not to mention that the Omega replica NASA strap is for a 20mm lug width and both of my Seiko autos have a 22mm lug width.

For my Seiko autos, I like what’s pictured below (left to right)...the Seiko brand DAL1BP replacement band which is very close to the original band that came on my beloved Seiko 6309-7049 (also pictured below)...the cheapestnatostraps.com nylon NATO band...and the awesome @ChuckMK23 Mt. Baker band.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Doing a little regulating on my Speedy Gonzales Moonwatch...it’s been consistently running at about +8 to +9 seconds per 24 hours [Omega factory specifications for the 1861 movement are -1 to +11 seconds per 24 hours]...but I’d like to get it to about +2 or +3 seconds per 24 hours...so I’m carefully manipulating the regulator screw [see second pic].

BA4BB488-9C8E-4AC7-A7B2-4017F29B5DA0.jpeg

95F17397-7273-4774-AAE1-A715805643F8.jpeg

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Getting ready for Speedy Tuesday tomorrow...and @ChuckMK23 helping me get my 2001 Mustang Bullitt GT ready for fair weather cruising today...

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Getting ready for Speedy Tuesday tomorrow...and @ChuckMK23 helping me get my 2001 Mustang Bullitt GT ready for fair weather cruising today...

View attachment 21222
Does your male elderly care unit ever get to wear the Speedy and drive the Bullet, or are you counting on his love and affection to carry him through your angry, drooling, arthritic years?