• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where do you do AWs?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Another question on interest - while perusing AW - what is your "go-to" view? I like to hit "New Posts" as a starting point.
Same here..."New Posts".

Also, I haven't been at AWs very long but I've noticed there are quite a few features regarding this site that are really spiffy. I belong to a Law Enforcement site (I'm a former Cincinnati Police Officer) as well as a Ford Mustang site (I own an '01 Mustang Bullitt GT) and the features at those sites pale in comparison to the ones here.

Last edited:

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
...Hopefully you get a good port call or return soon!
Yeah, a good port call like...PI!

Magsaysay Street in Olongapo!

San Miguel beers!

Monkey meat!

Other stuff that I can't talk about here!

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Same here..."New Posts".

Also, I haven't been at AWs very long but I've noticed there are quite a few features regarding this site that are really spiffy. I belong to a Law Enforcement site (I'm a former Cincinnati Police Officer) as well as a Ford Mustang site (I own an '01 Mustang Bullitt GT) and the features at those sites pale in comparison to the ones here.
That's because they're probably run by cheap bastards. Forum software (for pay) isn't that expensive, and it's much better than the free stuff out there. AW used to run off of vBulletin which was phenomenal....until it wasn't. vBullentin went down hill pretty fast. When that happened, Websan moved the forum over to Xenforo.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Vbulletin was a nightmare (database crashes and very poor performance. Long load times for pages) to administer there before I switched to xenforo. Then after I made the switch. Vbulletin sued xenforo and for a year or so all development on xenforo software came to a halt. Grrrr. But xenforo won about 7 months? Ago and they are doing a great job rolling out features and performance enhancements. I am actually one update behind. The latest update has some pretty cool features.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Vbulletin was a nightmare (database crashes and very poor performance. Long load times for pages) to administer there before I switched to xenforo.
Interesting. I never really noticed any performance issues when AW ran on vBulletin. And I've admin'd vBulletin for several other boards and never had any performance or administration issues with it until the latter years. There's a lot of things that impact database performance outside of the database itself. That said, if I was going to start a brand new board tomorrow, I wouldn't use vBulletin anymore.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Out of curiosity, are the other buttons coming back, like "funny," "stupid," "bad gouge," etc. or was that something exclusive to vbulletin?

At the end of the day, obviously webmaster has 51% of the vote, but the last time it came up, I think it was decided they weren't coming back.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Out of curiosity, are the other buttons coming back, like "funny," "stupid," "bad gouge," etc. or was that something exclusive to vbulletin?
Say what?

There was a "bad gouge" button?

That IS hilarious...AND awesome!

:cool:

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Say what?

There was a "bad gouge" button?

That IS hilarious...AND awesome!

:cool:
Yeah let's see if I remember them all. Like, dislike, agree, disagree, funny, dumb, and bad gouge. Bad gouge made sense, because if someone saw a post, but didn't see the reply saying "No, you're way off and you're an idiot," they might take it as fact, but seeing "Bad gouge x 7" right on the post (where we see "likes" now) made it more obvious. But I can see why they're gone, convos devolving into battles of negative rep and whatnot.