• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What's on YOUR head?

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
It may be a moot point... but all these years later and I still think it's f'kin retarded that everyone in the Army wears a beret (ESP Black):rolleyes:... makes me think how everyone in the Navy is now getting a warfare pin...

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I don't think there's a cover in the Army that I don't think looks ridiculous except maybe the stetson. While we're on the subject, the 8-point is clutch unless you're wearing it with a flight suit.

I wish I could put a witty comment about the Navy dress tiara here, but it's too late I'm tired.

UMichfly

pilot
None
I wish I could put a witty comment about the Navy dress tiara here, but it's too late I'm tired.

It's alright, you already lost all credibility when you said you liked that ghey ass stetson so it doesn't matter you didn't have anything witty about the tiara. ;)

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
but all these years later and I still think it's f'kin retarded that everyone in the Army wears a beret (ESP Black):rolleyes:......

I was in NROTC when the Army started wearing the beret as an "everyone-gets-one" uniform item. You could see how self conscious they were while wearing them when all you had to say when passing an ROTC cadet was, "nice beret." Never once did I get a "thanks" from any of them :)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I literally had no idea the girls had the option to wear a navy tiara.

Wow. Just wow.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Oh, and there's a Nurse Corps beret for females I believe. The XO of OTCN wore it if I remember correctly.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It may be a moot point... but all these years later and I still think it's f'kin retarded that everyone in the Army wears a beret (ESP Black):rolleyes:... makes me think how everyone in the Navy is now getting a warfare pin...

I am all about tradition but I found it pretty funny when you heard protests about how the black beret was 'traditionally' for the Rangers. It was tradition for about 25 years from what I remember, not that particularly long of a tradition. The Navy riverine guys in Vietnam wore black berets, should the SWCC guys be offended now? Or maybe your stereotypical Frenchman with his striped shirt, baguette and black beret, don't want to piss those guys off!

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, and there's a Nurse Corps beret for females I believe. The XO of OTCN wore it if I remember correctly.

Not just for nurses, though IMO no self-respecting female in the Navy should wear one. The only females I have ever seen wear them are of the non-warfare pin wearing type.

The tiara, on the other hand, I've considered purchasing and wearing for jackass-like purposes, but since I don't own mess dress it would be a waste of money.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
hoorah boat cloak!

I blew the opportunity on my last deployment, but I vow that the next time I make it to the far east, I'm getting a tailor to make me a boat cloak and I'm so going to rock it at the next ball.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I blew the opportunity on my last deployment, but I vow that the next time I make it to the far east, I'm getting a tailor to make me a boat cloak and I'm so going to rock it at the next ball.

Please get a walking stick with a fake diamond on top to complete the ensemble. Badass.

D

Deleted member 24525

I think every unit wearing berets looks a hell of a lot better than the gay ass patrol cap...