• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What Navy boys do with Air Force jets....

Status
Not open for further replies.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey Undertow, does that mean I don't have a valid basis for posting because I'm not active duty? So any two years of active duty, like sitting on your but in a stash job or another designator qualifies a guy to have a more valid opinion than say a student flying or a guy like me that not only has been there, but spent a lot of time at it, and is now a reservist? I know what you mean about some wannabes sounding too authoritative, but we know who they are. Maybe you should rethink your standard for posting.

T

TSPO

Originally posted by Undertow
Regardless, all arguments about uniforms are mute from anyone who wears a flight suit.
...not a single non-active duty member who hasn't spent at least 2 years in service or served over seas should even be aloud to talk $#!t.

Just what does a "mute" argument sound like, and why would it not be "aloud"?

Originally posted by jdfairman
And in yet another suprise turn of events today, an Airwarriors forum went off course and turned into a flame war. We'll keep you posted as the situation develops.

LOL

Gator it's no problem for me(I mean this forum is AIR warriors) but for my friend whose primary ambition was to work at a Naval Research laboratory, it came as a big shock. He was already struggling w/20credits a semester for his masters in aero+bachelors in Mech E program on top of ROTC and remedial PT so i think that pushed him over the edge

And Av Fan, this "SNA hopeful" didn't shoot his
mouth off about anyone, AF included so keep me out of this mud wrestling will ya?

Undertow

wink, your prior service means that you've been there. The argument I was making was regarding the wannabe's. In regards to my poor english skills in using the word mute instead of moot, and the words aloud instead of allowed as I should have, I'm human. Regarding posting standards.. point taken, that's what I get for making a generalization (sp?). I have learned my lesson and reported my ignorance to my immediate supervisors.. am I off the hook now?

T

TSPO

Everybody makes mistakes, I just thought that was a particularly funny one. I knew what you meant.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I was an Ensign I was responsible for having the CO's change of command invitations printed. I let a typo slip by and had hundreds printed. CO missed it too so out they went. Another CO in the airwing noticed, razed my CO about it, and I was DEAD. Never had another admin job in the Navy for the next 20 years. That almost made the ass chewing worth it. So don't expect much from my posts.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
You know whats funny? When folks are saying they dont like the navy simulator instructors in corpus and the AF ones are better, take a look at the screamers (Jeter, etc) and see that under his picture it says USAF. Wonder where he learned his wonderful ways. "if its not in natops its wrong!" To him picking up a chick is in Natops.

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
Oh, I got a good one for all you AF lovers out there, but first:

Rare21: Holy birdsong that note about Jeter made me LMAO!!! I had not put two and two together before, gonna mention that to the rest of the Corpus guys here at Vance, I'm sure they'll get a kick out of it!

Anyhoo, another great AF training story courtsey of my AF classmates:

Apparently, people here have failed checkrides b/c the pencil changes they have to make to their stack of pubs did not meet w/ the approval of the guy giving the checkride. By not meeting the approval of him, I mean that the studs either had an incorrect spelling of a word they penciled in or the word crossed a margin line. Also, people have failed b/c they did not have their names on the pubs!

Status
Not open for further replies.