• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What Navy boys do with Air Force jets....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearance from the using command must be obtained before any questionable operation, which is not specifically permitted in this manual, is attempted.

Hmm, engine out at 200ft on solo flight...now what's the radio frequency for the "using command." Wait, what's the chain of command, who's my direct superior?
Is it really as bad as it sounds?

Av Fan

You Marines are so cool. I wish I was as hard as you. Oorah! and all that. Ever heard of ask and you shall recieve. Heaven forbid if the AF instructors were civil. That might make me weak. Canteen water does suck and I know you might hate this but my uncle who is a C-130 crew chief just got back from Saudi in a forward deployed location and they had bottled water everyday. No canteens at all. Damn that sucks for you guys. Dont be pissed that you joined the wrong service. AF rules. You suck. Hows that for flame bait.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh my gosh. I have never read the dash 1 of any model. But if you reference a thread herein you will read my analysis of how the AF operates and find it is in alignment with the dash 1 itself. PERMISSIBLE OPERATIONS, stated above just about says it all. I never would have dreamed it was in print... "positive approach", "normally states all you can do". This philosophy is contrary to the "command by negation" approach taken by the Navy. If there is a paragraph anything like the PERMISSIBLE OPERATIONS para in the AF dash 1 I'd sure like someone to show me. I have never seen such a thing. Good or Bad the very essence of the differences between the Navy and AF is as stated above.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Thanks Jax. That's what I was looking for. So it is there, but w/ tepid enthusiasm.

Rainman

pilot
AV FAN you hit the nail on the head. I wanted nothing more than to be an Air Force Officer; Even after 5 weeks of "blueing" classes on such topics as how to fraternize, the essence of slouching on a couch when the CO walks by, field expedient cappucino maker maintenance, and pissing while seated, I couldn't make the cut.

Ho Hum. . stuck in the Marine Corps with my canteens.

Seems like the Navy(that's right even the Navy not just Marines) now proud themselves on being all hardcore and the Air Force prides itself on having the good life.

I don't know how it was a few years ago, but now EVERY graduating mid will end up in surf. war, aviation, subs, SEALs, or Marine frontline. It was a real surprise for me when I found out a few days ago and another 4/C in my unit actually dropped out after that.

Undertow

The only thing the AF's new BDU's are good for is hiding at the bottom of a swimming pool. Regardless, all arguments about uniforms are mute from anyone who wears a flight suit. I challenge any air crew to prove that they constantly polish their boots, get a regular haircut, wear a regulation t-shirt, or non-white socks while in flight suit;) "I don't mean to go off on rant here" however, not a single non-active duty member who hasn't spent at least 2 years in service or served over seas should even be aloud to talk $#!t. Your family members and/or friends experiences do not count as your own, and should not be used as actual examples of how things are. O.K. I'm done;)

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
Wow, I'm jealous. You mean if I were completely nasty, I could get bottled water in return? What compensation for a complete and utter lack of pride and professionalism. You mean all I have to do is trade in my nuts and I get a cushy environment to whine in?

Av Fan

Im being nasty? I was trying to make a point about the bull we have to deal with as far as following the rules down to the point. I was agreeing with Wink and whoever else was saying that that type of instruction was a little over the top. I was trying to show that even lowly cadets in the AF have to deal with that crap. Thinking outside of the box is not normally encouraged for some reason. Then a few of you "SNA hopefuls" and "whatever" candidates, ran your mouth and added nothing but negativity to the discussion about something unrelated to the topic by the way. But Im being unprofessional. Keep up the good work candidates and hopefuls. Keep me updated on how tough your boot was, its pretty impressive. Especially the NROTC folks, since your boot was so tough. Oh wait you guys dont do one. Anyways, this is getting dumb. I think it was Gatordev that said it best: Trying to win an argument online is like winning at the Special Olympics; either way, you're still retarded. Guess Im retarded.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hey Veg:

The unrestricted line commission has been that way since about '94. I think I was one of the first year groups that started it that way. One can still go restricted line, either from NROTC or USNA, but usually it's either a prior contract (nurse, let's say) or due to medical reasons.

Rainman

pilot
Sounds like you have a lot of anger.

Sure, individuals don't think 'outside the box' in and out of "the military". You just had the inspiration & insight to bring up a bottled water example. I found it amusing.

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
Originally posted by Av Fan
You Marines are so cool. I wish I was as hard as you. Oorah! and all that. Ever heard of ask and you shall recieve. Heaven forbid if the AF instructors were civil. That might make me weak. Canteen water does suck and I know you might hate this but my uncle who is a C-130 crew chief just got back from Saudi in a forward deployed location and they had bottled water everyday. No canteens at all. Damn that sucks for you guys. Dont be pissed that you joined the wrong service. AF rules. You suck. Hows that for flame bait.
You want to whine about being called unprofessional? I could give a crap ass how you conduct yourself over the net. The only thing I ever really pay attention to is personality and after I read about your USAF camping adventure, I determined that yours was weak. I didn't pick on your entire service at that point even though I guess I'm "qualified" because I've spent greater than 2 yrs. on active duty. You're just a little bent out of shape because you got picked on. Maybe it's just been my experience (though I doubt it only pertains to me) but every command I've ever been a part of contained a strong element of daily ribbing by other members. Buck up and get some nuts bro. I totally see your point that concerned navy vs. airforce mentality, but your little epilogue was gay as hell. Admit it. Whaaaahh-- the Major wouldn't let me have bottled water!!! Take a step back and admit that was pretty weak. Hope that doesn't chap your ass too badly.

jdfairman

PHROGS 4EVER
And in yet another suprise turn of events today, an Airwarriors forum went off course and turned into a flame war. We'll keep you posted as the situation develops.

Status
Not open for further replies.