• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What are my chances of becoming a Naval Aviator? (Pilot)

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Where's your sense of rotary heritage? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_47
kelso_burn.gif

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Okay, you just went from AW newbie foul #1 straight to foul #2. This explains the little red box you now see in your profile. We tend not to get wrapped around the axle too much about ranks here, and this isn't an "official" Navy website.

That said, if you haven't figured it out yet, the wings by a user's name are real. They mean that the poster has earned the right to wear those wings in real life. They aren't some made-up website award. And though some of us are still in training and relatively new to the fraternity, many have been doing this whole Naval Aviation thing before you were a twinkle in your father's eye.

Keep that in mind when you post. Banter is appreciated and encouraged, but you're not texting your friends when you address someone like Phrog.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Okay, you just went from AW newbie foul #1 straight to foul #2. This explains the little red box you now see in your profile. We tend not to get wrapped around the axle too much about ranks here, and this isn't an "official" Navy website.

That said, if you haven't figured it out yet, the wings by a user's name are real. They mean that the poster has earned the right to wear those wings in real life. They aren't some made-up website award. And though some of us are still in training and relatively new to the fraternity, many have been doing this whole Naval Aviation thing before you were a twinkle in your father's eye.

Keep that in mind when you post. Banter is appreciated and encouraged, but you're not texting your friends when you address someone like Phrog.

I would have been considerably less tactful. But ditto.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Words...Sorry people! I'm just trying to get facts, and i've got these recruiters knocking on my doors making navy pilot life seem like the right choice for me. But all they tell me is what i want to here (I understand that) that's why I'm here, trying to see what it's really like behind those closed doors.

1) Wow. 2) From this portion of his reply...I wonder if he is in fact talking to an O recruiter and not another situation where the noob is going to the enlisted station instead.

michigander

ha sorry. I meant that in a friendly way. :D

michigander

1) Wow. 2) From this portion of his reply...I wonder if he is in fact talking to an O recruiter and not another situation where the noob is going to the enlisted station instead.

yes, an O recruiter drove 3 hours to meet me in my home town. And yes, I'm getting an email and phone call about every 5 days from this guy wondering how I'm coming along.

michigander

I know, I know... Most non-turbine helos have throttles. Hell, the twist grip on a 206 could be called a throttle. I was referring to the fleet aircraft that this buttwipe will be lucky to fly.

Wow. You really got me. I hope I can sleep tonight.

I feel really bad about making you fellas angry. I didn't mean to disrespect ANYBODY on this thread. I thought I was getting a "smart ass remark" so I thought I would throw one back. That's all that was. I meant it in a friendly way. I'm really not the type of person I guess I'm coming across as in this thread. I suppose I need to think more carefully before posting so I do not get misinterpreted again. Again I apologize to you all, have great respect and hope there is no hard feelings.:(

phrogpilot73

I'm not angry at all. I understand what your intent was, but this is good advice for any newbie - you can't fling poop until you've been properly trained in poop flinging.

What does that mean? If you've BTDT then you pretty much can fling poop immediately. If you're still a wannabe - speak less, listen more - and don't try to fling poop until everyone knows you're not a douche. Otherwise, the first poop you fling will make them think you're a douche.

michigander

I'm not angry at all. I understand what your intent was, but this is good advice for any newbie - you can't fling poop until you've been properly trained in poop flinging.

What does that mean? If you've BTDT then you pretty much can fling poop immediately. If you're still a wannabe - speak less, listen more - and don't try to fling poop until everyone knows you're not a douche. Otherwise, the first poop you fling will make them think you're a douche.

HAHA. Thanks for the advise. hilarious:D