• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Walther P99 .40 cal

narfmasta

Nope ... I live in the only two states west of the Mississippi where a law abiding citizen CANNOT own a Class III firearm. Of course, I don't consider Hawaii a "state". It never has been, so why start now .... and all the Bruddah's carry illegally over here, in any case.

In the other state (WA) the Class III prohibition historically dates back to the "Wobblie" union riots of the teens/20's/30's when some Pinkerton dicks went psycho on some union demonstrators with a Thompson or two ... or three. At least that's the story ... so if I go to Idaho or Oregon, presto: rock 'n roll is legal. Were I to do that ... my first two purchases would be a Thompson and a BAR.

I love our gun laws. They really make a lot of sense.

+300 on the BAR damn I bet that would be a riot to shoot (and lug around)

xmid

pilot
Contributor
+300 on the BAR damn I bet that would be a riot to shoot (and lug around)

Yes, (and no.) I'll scan some pics if I can find them around here. I can tell you that I have a great deal of respect for the guys that lugged that thing around through the jungle. It feels a great deal more unwieldly than even the M60 E-5. I know a guy that sold his Thompson and bought a pair of Uzi's and a bunch of C-mags back during the ban when they were going for a couple grand. I know hes kicking himself now...

Viper 01

So in a country with no private gun ownership why do police need to maintain such firepower?

Quite simply, because the BADDIES have guns!
The gang culture seems to appeal to certain minorities in this country, they have no respect for anyone or anything including life. And in my opinion they are trying to copy the gangs and rap stars in the U.S.
I give it 15 - 20 years before most Police Officers in the U.K. will be armed as a matter of course.
Steve :)

narfmasta

Yes, (and no.) I'll scan some pics if I can find them around here. I can tell you that I have a great deal of respect for the guys that lugged that thing around through the jungle. It feels a great deal more unwieldly than even the M60 E-5. I know a guy that sold his Thompson and bought a pair of Uzi's and a bunch of C-mags back during the ban when they were going for a couple grand. I know hes kicking himself now...

haha i was being sarcastic about lugging that thing around. isn't it like 15-20 pounds or something?

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Quite simply, because the BADDIES have guns!
The gang culture seems to appeal to certain minorities in this country, they have no respect for anyone or anything including life. And in my opinion they are trying to copy the gangs and rap stars in the U.S.
I give it 15 - 20 years before most Police Officers in the U.K. will be armed as a matter of course.

So in effect what you are saying is that gun control doesn't work?

Viper 01

So in effect what you are saying is that gun control doesn't work?

No, on the contrary I think that gun control does work. If it did not we would be in as bad a situation as you are.
The situation is not yet out of control, I do not want Joe public owning guns, that only makes matters worse.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
No, on the contrary I think that gun control does work. If it did not we would be in as bad a situation as you are...... I do not want Joe public owning guns, that only makes matters worse.

Typical cop ... makes his job easier if HE is the only one who has guns. :) Of course, YOU'RE ALREADY DEAD when he shows up to "investigate" ... ;)

Actually, Steve-O ... the "matters worse" in the US-of-A in those geographical areas that have the "most" restrictions on private, law-abiding, "Joe Q Public" owning and carrying firearms ... not what you propose. What a surprise, huh???

statesman

pilot
Agreed. Texas doesn't have to many problems with crime. And it has only been dropping since we enacted our CCW permits.

The places with the most crime are California, DC, and Chicago. ALL 3 have restrictive gun laws.

Lawman

None
No, on the contrary I think that gun control does work. If it did not we would be in as bad a situation as you are.
The situation is not yet out of control, I do not want Joe public owning guns, that only makes matters worse.

And people called me a Jack Booted thug ;)

Then again I wasnt working "the job" in a country that charges people who defend themselves from armed intruders in their own homes.

Viper 01

And people called me a Jack Booted thug ;)

Then again I wasnt working "the job" in a country that charges people who defend themselves from armed intruders in their own homes.

It would be rare for a suspect to be `armed`. However, if you or another were threatened by an assailant you can defend yourself, using reasonable force. you could hit them or run away!You could not stab them or shoot them; If someone threatened you with a weapon again you are allowed to defend yourself from attack. You may end up seriously injuring them or killing them. Yes you would end up in court. But your actions were reasonable you would be released. It works most of the time.

statesman

pilot
It is a travesty that the birth place of liberal thought has become a country where the criminal and common thug now have more rights than the average citizen.

Lawman

None
It would be rare for a suspect to be `armed`. However, if you or another were threatened by an assailant you can defend yourself, using reasonable force. you could hit them or run away!You could not stab them or shoot them; If someone threatened you with a weapon again you are allowed to defend yourself from attack. You may end up seriously injuring them or killing them. Yes you would end up in court. But your actions were reasonable you would be released. It works most of the time.

You shouldnt have to run away in your own home. Its your home, your castle, your refuge against the world. Its also reasonable that anyone that would break into a house armed or not especially one that would do so knowing a resident was home wished/was willing to visit serious harm on that individual and that individuals loved ones. If thats the case there should be no problem using lethal force. However there are enough stories that we get over here from your own news sources telling all about residents defending their homes with deadly force only to recieve longer prison sentences then the thugs that broke into their house to begin with. Thats pretty ass backwards.

And hit them or run away? Im half wondering if you actually are a cop because thats gotta be one of the most retarded statements Ive heard by anybody that would have experiance with the force ladder. 80 Year old Walter Schmuckatelle is supposed to either hit or run away from some punk twice his size and half is age? What about women do they get the same kind of "options." Ill admit I like the way a few of the ways the Brits do things as LEO's (Amazing cars, treating vests like armor instead of trying to put them under the uniform) but I really feel for you if thats the kind of Nanny state crap they are trying to teach citizens.