• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Walther P99 .40 cal

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
I might take you up on that, Master, but I'm afraid I don't have any firearms to contribute to the destruction of your ex's flabby image, and, like Scoob, my sched will dictate. I'll shoot you a PM.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
No I meant the USP. I ask because I have never heard of a full size not shooting well. Its such a big weapon with a heavy slide that its felt recoil is less than you might expect from a .45 ACP, and they are accurate as hell. Ive taken .45 ACP shots at 50 yards and hit a human size target 50% of the time.

Viper 01

I live in the U.K. where the owning of firearms is not allowed. However as a police officer I use a Glock 17 (9mm). No problems with accuracy, hits the target every time.
I also carry a Heckler & Koch MP5 (9mm). Again no problems.
Steve :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I live in the U.K. where the owning of firearms is not allowed. However as a police officer I use a Glock 17 ......I also carry a Heckler & Koch MP5 ....

Re: Your H&K MP5.

Nice ... but ironic. The comparison between "gun free" England and the "cowboy - anything goes" USA always paints the US in a negative light for being in a "free and loose" mode of operation when it comes to firearms.

BUT: In the two states that I maintain a residence in .... I can own 10,000 Glock 17's if I so choose .... but I cannot own even ONE H&K MP5 !!!!!

How come??? Where is the sense in this??? Where are the all those Cowboys when you need 'em ???? The world wonders .... :)

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I live in the U.K. where the owning of firearms is not allowed. However as a police officer I use a Glock 17 (9mm). No problems with accuracy, hits the target every time.
I also carry a Heckler & Koch MP5 (9mm). Again no problems.
Steve :)

So in a country with no private gun ownership why do police need to maintain such firepower?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
So in a country with no private gun ownership why do police need to maintain such firepower?

Ahhhh .... excellent. :)

Where DID the courtesy and civility go in merry old England??? Where did THESE guys go, anyway ... ????

bobbyxs4.jpg
:)

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I can own 10,000 Glock 17's if I so choose .... but I cannot own even ONE H&K MP5 !!!!!

How come??? Where is the sense in this??? Where are the all those Cowboys when you need 'em ???? The world wonders .... :)

It would almost be a nice consolation ... almost :D

narfmasta

Full size or compact?

it was a full size. I figured I would go full on my first handgun which I believe was a mistake. If I could do it all over again I would have bought the G19 first. If I had to buy another HK it would definitely be a compact.

narfmasta

Re: Your H&K MP5.

Nice ... but ironic. The comparison between "gun free" England and the "cowboy - anything goes" USA always paints the US in a negative light for being in a "free and loose" mode of operation when it comes to firearms.

BUT: In the two states that I maintain a residence in .... I can own 10,000 Glock 17's if I so choose .... but I cannot own even ONE H&K MP5 !!!!!

I wish I had the money to buy 10,000 Glock 17's! ha

And you can't own an MP5 in your state? I think here you just need to get the okay for a Class III license or whatever and you're set. but then again I live in Texas where you are a minority if you don't own at least one gun haha

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....And you can't own an MP5 in your state? I think here you just need to get the okay for a Class III license or whatever ....
Nope ... I live in the only two states west of the Mississippi where a law abiding citizen CANNOT own a Class III firearm. Of course, I don't consider Hawaii a "state". It never has been, so why start now .... and all the Bruddah's carry illegally over here, in any case.

In the other state (WA) the Class III prohibition historically dates back to the "Wobblie" union riots of the teens/20's/30's when some Pinkerton dicks went psycho on some union demonstrators with a Thompson or two ... or three. At least that's the story ... so if I go to Idaho or Oregon, presto: rock 'n roll is legal. Were I to do that ... my first two purchases would be a Thompson and a BAR.

I love our gun laws. They really make a lot of sense.