• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Walther P99 .40 cal

MNU-OCS

In August im going to be purchasing a Walther P99 .40 caliber handgun. Its my birthday present to myself! Anyways i was curious if any of you own this handgun and could leave some comments about it.

Thanks in advance

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
You are welcome in advance.

Yeah ... it's a great pistol, much underrated, in my opinion. I purchased a .357 SIG bbl from BarSto to add a little "variety" to the package and added Trijicon night sights as well.

It fits my hand very well, has a decent trigger, has optional grip panels, a nice de-cocker, and shoots point-of-aim. I've never had a malfunction with .40 S&W or .357 SIG ammunition of any type. The only gripe I have is its proprietary rail system which precludes most off the shelf light systems -- like I want for a nightstand pistol.

walther99lp0.jpg

WALTHER P99 PISTOL

It's the equal or better of any SIG, Springfield XD, or GLOCK that I've ever used or fired, in my opinion. Why it doesn't hold the 1st place in my go-to gun roster is beyond me ... :)

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I have a P99 in 9mm...yeah groan all you want...I'm a fan.

I also have nothing but good things to say about it. The controls are, bar-none the most user friendly and functional on any handgun I have ever used. Great pistol on the draw as it is very smooth and with the backstrap options, there is no reason that you cannot find a good fit as far as the grips go. Probably somewhere around 2000 rounds through mine, zero malfunctions.

The only reason that it isn't my go-to is that for whatever reason, my hands/natural point of aim/index finger shoots my Glock 19 better. I am plain and simple, more accurate with it, and with the lighter trigger, I think I prefer its trigger to the Walther. In any case, if you are comfortable with it, it is a fantastic handgun...James Bond couldn't be wrong.;)
bondjamescraigdaniel.jpg

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I dont know why people still have to ask about this weapon. The P99 is a great weapon that got a bad wrap from the beginning, but the people who dont like it can never come up with a good reason as to why they dont like it.

Regarding the rail, I dont own one (I have fired them multiple times however) so I dont know, but it looks like it would fit any light system that would fit on an HK as well.

Skeet

Banned
It's a nice pistol. Never owned one myself, but've put about 50 rounds thru one. Didn't like the trigger, it's a bit heavy. Buy Glock.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
It's a nice pistol. Never owned one myself, but've put about 50 rounds thru one. Didn't like the trigger, it's a bit heavy. Buy Glock.

The only thing I don't like about Glock is the grip. The angle is strange to me, but then I'm an HK guy myself.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My airsoft version is pretty comfortable. Jams often, though.
J31032.jpg

So on the basis of your airsoft plastic pellet toy gun he should not buy the real thing???
:confused:

I just keep hearing Will Smith's character from "I Robot" in my head shouting "You did not just post a picture of an airsoft in a real gun thread...you did not do that."

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Check out my profile...under current location...ahh...yes...the magic number is 7. :D

Seriously though...if the schedule for Tuesday permits...I'm in....but I suspect the following Tuesday....(selection) will be better.

narfmasta

I was considering buying one too. However I ended up with a Glock 19 and I love it. I had an HK USP before, but I sold it because I just couldn't shoot the damn thing very well...