• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

waitin on meps

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
Thanks for the info guys. I was really worried that this was an end to my jet dreams, but from your comments and from what I have read from other people in worse situations on the forums it should be no biggy if I stick to my guns and stay honest. Thanks guys!

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Thanks for the info guys. I was really worried that this was an end to my jet dreams, but from your comments and from what I have read from other people in worse situations on the forums it should be no biggy if I stick to my guns and stay honest. Thanks guys!

Like others have posted, keep your integrity.

WRT the psychiatric issues, take a look at the NOMI waiver guide, psych section. You can find a link to the waiver guide at the top of this forum.

Being off meds for so long and being asymptomatic will work hugely in your favor. Waiver should not be an issue.

Any further questions, feel free to use the pm system.

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
All went well today when I told my recruiter about the depression thing. It didn't even phase him. He just said, "no problem, it'll be waivered easily". I think I can trust what he says, he has been doing this for 20 years.

cgoetz

My recruiter submitted for waivers on me about two weeks ago and I still haven't and it got me nervous. The waivers I need are for ADD and depression. I'm just what is going on thats all.

nugget61

pilot
My recruiter submitted for waivers on me about two weeks ago and I still haven't and it got me nervous. The waivers I need are for ADD and depression. I'm just what is going on thats all.

They've got a lot of paperwork to go through down there and yours didn't go to the top of the stack... your OR wants to get you in, so just give it some time and you'll hear back from him.
There's really nothing you can do at this point, so just chill till you can be productive.

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
Cgoetz, I hope all goes well for you with the waiver. I will be getting a waiver for depression most likely when I head to MEPS next week. Let me know how yours goes once you get word. I am nervous about the whole process too, it would be great to hear you make it through ok.
Did you have a letter from your doc saying you were A-OK when you headed down? I am curious in general about the depression waiver if you have anything you think might be helpful from your recent experience.

cgoetz

Yeah I had a letter from a doctor saying that I was okay. Its nice to hear from somebody who has the same problem as me.

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
If what my OR is telling me is true it is really not a big deal to have had a history of depression as long as your med and symptom free, even for SNA. I hope he is not just blowing smoke, but I guess I would be a big waste of his time if he didn't think it was possible. Good luck, I am anxious with you.

cgoetz

Right know I am not going to put any money on anything because I really don't who to believe. It all out of my hands.

cgoetz

Well I wonder if I'm going to find out this week. Needless to say I got pits in my stomach. Sometimes I wish I could back and erase everything. But you know what they say, you just gotta move forward and hope for the best.

2ndGen

Third times a charm
I waited a while for a medical waiver for a surgery, I think you'll be ok! Just keep working out like your going to get in.

cgoetz

Yeah thanks. I guess I shouldn't get so worked up about it, but after waiting so long and having no idea what the hell is going just takes its toll. Sure you felt the same way. I mean after all its a dream. Sometimes I get the idea in my head that I already got the call and they said no. I just gotta get my mind off of it.

yohoe

I got waivers for other things but it took about 1.5 - 2 months to get them approved. Don't sweat it. It's just another hurry up and wait situation.