• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vicki's path to flight school (a female perspective)

Ed Williams

As far as ACES goes, I was one of thoes people who became violently air sick, i completely filled the puke bag and they never said a thing to me. Hopefully the airsickness will eventually go away.ed

vicki

Until you're looking at a call sign of "Chunks" or "Two Bags" I guess you're doing ok. ;-)

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Tahoe,Vicky,
If all goes as planed i should be going to OCS in june as well. but that is continginet on the Navy picking me for flight training first! Although i am not looking forward to the humidity, I can take heat i grew up in Texas, but i hate humidity. But now for an actual question, does anyone know how early you go before OCS?? A day, two, three??

vicki

Falcaner - Welcome.

Most people that I've spoken to recommend getting to Pcola at least a day ahead of time so that you can relax and get some rest after traveling. It'll be the last time you get off base for at least 4 weeks, and the last time you can sleep for 10 hours if you want to. You should get in by Friday am before OCS if you need to set up a bank account as you won't be able to do that after OCS starts. You can stay in the BEQ for something like $15 or $16 / night. The best advice that I've gotten however is to resist the urge for "one last hurrah". Do not drink too much the Saturday night before reporting. It only makes indoc that much worse. Good luck. Hope to see you in Pensacola.

vicki

Kyle - Glad your swearing in was so uneventful. My recruiter thought it'd be fun to swear me in at a local Italian restaurant after dinner. We did so next to a table full of sorority sisters who were celebrating a birthday and were quite hammered. They thought we were rehearsing a play or something (college towns are wierd places). Anyway, the word "fiasco" comes to mind...;-)

vicki

T minus 11

Not that y'all really care, but I assure you that you care more than the people that are actually around me. Since they're sick of hearing about it I'm telling you guys. I have eleven days of work left and then I trade in the white coat and stethescope for a Poopie suit and tin pot. Today, I got the Batmobile out of the garage (snow is finally melting), changed the oil, rotated the tires and listened to Jimmy Buffet to get into the Florida state of mind. Can't wait to get out of here. See you in Pcola!

Kyle McWhirter

Vicki,

Your recruiter seems to have a sense of humor. Personally, I found the whole swearing in part a lot easier AFTER I had already filled out the paperwork and signed my contract. The funny part about this whole thing is that I told my family I was going up there to "fill out paperwork". Guess they will be in for a big surprise when I tell them I signed. Oh well...in the words of the philospher Bon Jovi...ITS MY LIFE! Good luck Vic in P-Cola...see you in June.

Dave Shutter

Hey Batgirl...

I better not see you rolled into my April 21'st class (not official yet, but lookin' good) Vic', or else a certain class team might have to be informed about a certain someones "CHECK SIX" license plates.

...Ooops! did I just leak that on the forum...

Good luck Vic'

D

vicki

Thanks to all my well-wishers (lol).

Dave - You just remember that I have a friend who's in his sixth week right now. That makes him a Candy-O right around your indoc time. I might have to let slip about a certain guy who's a Prior with an attitude! Is this a not so thinly veiled threat? (Insert evil laugh). JK.

PS You're just jealous of my hood scoop ;-)

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
"CHECK SIX"?!?!?!

Vicki, really??? Good lord... I concur with Matt, can't wait till the instructors see that in your squadron's parking lot!! Man, that is just going to make their day.. week, or hell possibly even month!! To be a fly on the wall of the instructor ready room when they find out about that... Definitely want to hear YOUR tie cutting story , not even there yet, and already giving them ammunition. Seriously though, glad the day is finally coming up for you, best of luck in OCS and the upcoming training!

What, Dave tongue tied!?! That's a first!

Matt, whaddya say we send these two "care packages" while they are in OCS? Might liven up their stay?

vicki

Matt, John and the Whole World - Just to set the record straight. The CHECKSIX was a gift from proud Mom and Pop. To think that I barely talked them out of SPLASH 1 !!! You have to admit - that would be way worse. ;-)

PS - You're all just jealous of my hood scoop!

vicki

Hey Guys,

Seriously, if y'all think I'm gonna take some serious flak for my tags I'll lose them although there'll be some hurt feelings on this end. I don't mind being given a little hell, but if it's gonna piss people off (like the morons who put Tomacat or Hornet patches on their bags right out of API), I definitely don't want to start flight school with a strike against me. Thanks.

And - I already have people threatening to have an order from Victoria's Secret sent to me at OCS. I can only imagine what kind of evil you guys can cook up. It's an unfair advantage knowing just what to send to put the DIs into orbit. ;-)