• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

V/r or V/R?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The civ world desperately needs something easy and universal like V/r,

Everything else seems so overly formal or passive aggressive. Like "Best, " for example. Hard to say out loud without sounding like a little shit. Only thing that ever feels right is a good Thanks, or Thank You, if you are requesting something or asking for help.

The Brits love 'Regards' and I've adopted that.

But an A+ is so fucking not that. It’s like insisting people refer to you as Joe Schmoe, ENS USN.

Princess Melanie!

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No, in some circles, it stands for Very religious. (or Vapidly religious). ??

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
It literally doesn’t matter as long as you keep annoying, sanctimonious leadership quotes out of your signature block.
I see this in the corporate world too… and the quotes are typically more obscure and irritating (as in why? Who are you trying to impress?)

Seriously, V/R, v/r, /R, whatever… if you’re being respectful, I never really cared that much. I sign all military emails V/R, and acknowledge that as not being technically correct- I just don’t find it all that important, it just needs to not be distracting.

In my civ job, I just sign with “Thanks”.

The one that always stood out to me was a US Army CO I had who signed his emails “With Utmost Respect”. Seems overstated for an email, IMO.

taxi1

pilot
I’m open to people using major career certs as postnomials on places like LinkedIn and resumes, because if the recruiter is looking for a PMP, an MBA, a terminal Agile coaching cert, or similar, it’s honestly just saving everyone’s time.

But an A+ is so fucking not that. It’s like insisting people refer to you as Joe Schmoe, ENS USN.

Duffelblog today...

Veteran unsure where to tattoo 'project management professional' on body

CompTIA and Microsoft CSA already have prime neck real estate .​

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Duffelblog today...

Veteran unsure where to tattoo 'project management professional' on body

CompTIA and Microsoft CSA already have prime neck real estate .​

Lol…professional certification poser.
Regarding Smart's tattoos, an anonymous source indicated that he had only completed a PMP bootcamp and had not yet passed the certification exam. If true, Smart would be considered a “professional certification poser” and/or “resume padder,” the civilian equivalent of “stolen valor.” This also raises ethical questions regarding these types of tattoos and the individual’s responsibility should their certifications lapse.