• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Up-to-date gouge on BOOST/NSI

ocajc

FY09 STA-21 (SWO Option) Officer Candidate
Wow there shipmates, I never said SAT MARG was the best I could do. That's what you assumed. If it's any consolation, I withdraw the question. I'll be looking forward to seeing many of you in Rhode Island next week, take care.

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
Shipmates?

Wow there shipmates, I never said SAT MARG was the best I could do. That's what you assumed. If it's any consolation, I withdraw the question. I'll be looking forward to seeing many of you in Rhode Island next week, take care.

Oh no not the shipmates word already....this is going to be a long two months ;O)

BrickNole

pilot
Avg temp for Newport now...30 degrees F.

OTC should be in Key West

90fahy0j.jpg

...Study Hall

NukeRobot

Excel Jedi
pilot
Hey guys, last minute question here: Do the heads have outlets for an electric toothbrush? Looking forward to meeting y'all on Friday!

SkywardET

Contrarian
So is there maid service there? Free wireless Internet? Do the flat screen TVs in our rooms come with a PS3 or an XBOX360 (or even a Wii)? I need to know which collection of games to bring.

Just having a little fun. See y'all there.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
I'm not sure what time is too late to check-in on Saturday.

But whenever you do get here make sure you check-in at Nimitz Hall and not King Hall. I got here (Newport base) today and the people at King Hall didn't have a clue what was going on. Come to find out it's Nimitz Hall where we need to check-in and where we will be living. Also the Master Sergeant is BIG on professionalism. Make sure you are in your dress blues and use excellent military bearing. He had us report; ( (name) reporting for Navy BOOST as ordered). Just a heads up. And this is for BOOST, not sure where or how the NSI guys check-in.

See everybody soon!!

fal09

I'm not sure what time is too late to check-in on Saturday.

But whenever you do get here make sure you check-in at Nimitz Hall and not King Hall. I got here (Newport base) today and the people at King Hall didn't have a clue what was going on. Come to find out it's Nimitz Hall where we need to check-in and where we will be living. Also the Master Sergeant is BIG on professionalism. Make sure you are in your dress blues and use excellent military bearing. He had us report; ( (name) reporting for Navy BOOST as ordered). Just a heads up. And this is for BOOST, not sure where or how the NSI guys check-in.

See everybody soon!!

Thanks for the heads up. I will make sure and do that.

OC/EMC

hmm web site for NSI says check in casual dress (civilian clothes)

Yeah, NSI and BOOST are two different animals. BOOST is run by the Marines, and NSI is Navy. More than likely since you will be checking in on the weekend, the Q-deck watches will be LDO/CWO students who have been there no more than 3 or 4 weeks. There should be a set of directions that they are supposed to follow for all reporting NSI. When in doubt, just ask for the Duty Officer. They will have his number.

Just report in Civy's. When you stand that watch, you will see everyone from OCS designated civilians to DIO (doctors, lawyers, etc) check in wearing civy's.

Just try to remember that NSI/BOOST only happens twice a year up there in Newport. When you all start showing up, everyone is going to be like "who the hell are they?". It will take that whole base about 3 weeks to realize they have 200 more people in training besides just the OCS, Mustangs, Naval Acadamy prep normals. Newport is constantly pumping out those people. STA-21 throws them for a loop.

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
Good Call

Yeah, NSI and BOOST are two different animals. BOOST is run by the Marines, and NSI is Navy. More than likely since you will be checking in on the weekend, the Q-deck watches will be LDO/CWO students who have been there no more than 3 or 4 weeks. There should be a set of directions that they are supposed to follow for all reporting NSI. When in doubt, just ask for the Duty Officer. They will have his number.

Just report in Civy's. When you stand that watch, you will see everyone from OCS designated civilians to DIO (doctors, lawyers, etc) check in wearing civy's.

Just try to remember that NSI/BOOST only happens twice a year up there in Newport. When you all start showing up, everyone is going to be like "who the hell are they?". It will take that whole base about 3 weeks to realize they have 200 more people in training besides just the OCS, Mustangs, Naval Acadamy prep normals. Newport is constantly pumping out those people. STA-21 throws them for a loop.

Def good advice...I wasnt even in that mindset...good to think about before I get there and get frusterated because everything is all gooned up. Everybody drive safe!

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
so we check in at King Hall? Driving up to New Hampshire today, then down to Rhode Island on Sat. See you guys there!

NukeRobot

Excel Jedi
pilot
Does anybody else find it unsettling that the first thing we do after checking in is get put on liberty? I think its part of a mind game-- they're trying to put us at ease so they can try to hammer-!@# us on Sunday! Anybody know what to expect the first couple of real days?