• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Up-to-date gouge on BOOST/NSI

SubmarineWife

Anyone have any idea how much money my husband needs to come with? I saw on the list of things to bring to NSI that you should bring $100 cash, and I thought somewhere else it said to have $500 available. I just for the life of me can't think of what he'll need $500 for. Things like eating out, gas, tolls, etc can come out of the regular family budget, eat at the galley, show up with everything you need, and I would think $100 would cover incidentals. $500 is a lot to put away so soon after the holiday! Would appreciate anyones input.

Stick

pilot
Anyone have any idea how much money my husband needs to come with? I saw on the list of things to bring to NSI that you should bring $100 cash, and I thought somewhere else it said to have $500 available. I just for the life of me can't think of what he'll need $500 for. Things like eating out, gas, tolls, etc can come out of the regular family budget, eat at the galley, show up with everything you need, and I would think $100 would cover incidentals. $500 is a lot to put away so soon after the holiday! Would appreciate anyones input.

I didn't bring any cash last year and didn't have a problem. If he has a debit card then he doesn't need cash.

AlphaTango

Uniforms

So, does any one know for sure what uniform we are required to bring to BOOST? Is it the new Service uniform or both the old working whites and blues? I tried checking the OTC website, but no luck. I even tried the contact us page and asked there, no luck.

If I can just bring my black and tans that will save some room in my sea bag...and I wont have to sew everything on my blues...I live in hawaii...never used them but in boot.

Thanks! Good luck to all, I'll see you there ( I start 20FEB09 Boost then NSI)

Was just contacted via email by Marine in charge of all marine BOOST students and he stated "new service uniform will only be allowed if all members of BOOST class have said uniform. All students must be "uniform" in what uniform they wear." (referencing Navy BOOST class)

AlphaTango

NSI

So, what's the deal with liberty for members with off base housing? Are we going to be locked down for the first 6 weeks or so? Current or former BOOST/NSI members please respond as many future students need answers. Thanks

tribeach1184

CU Buffalo
This was found on the BOOST 22 FEB09 Thread

BOOST: Liberty commences after class. If you bring your family you are allowed to go home every evening.

NSI: You will be locked down for the first two days. Afterwards you will be allowed to go home after the day's last event which usually is the evening meal. __________________
-HAUBBY

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
Was just contacted via email by Marine in charge of all marine BOOST students and he stated "new service uniform will only be allowed if all members of BOOST class have said uniform. All students must be "uniform" in what uniform they wear." (referencing Navy BOOST class)

I'm assuming that is for Navy and Marine. If so, I'm sorry for anybody who doesn't have or want to bring their old service blues. Thtat's the only uniform I have because: 1. my region isn't selling them yet and 2. I'm not wasting money on the shirt to wear for 3 months. Sorry again in advance!

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
New Uniform

I'm assuming that is for Navy and Marine. If so, I'm sorry for anybody who doesn't have or want to bring their old service blues. Thtat's the only uniform I have because: 1. my region isn't selling them yet and 2. I'm not wasting money on the shirt to wear for 3 months. Sorry again in advance!

I second that...not that I am going to boost....but i think its shitty they tried to make us look like Marines anyways...haha i just like throwing some fuel on a fire....I dont know about you guys but I am so happy to get out of here i would wear underwear and a hard hat if i had to

bryanpl123

Just buy the dang kakhi shirt when you get to RI...you will wear it latter any wayz... just take of your enlisted paygrade and put on your ugly Anchor

It is way better than having to button the top button on the blues and wear a tie all day...and the creases are already there...I'm not lazy, but thats just nice to have.

Stick

pilot
Just buy the dang kakhi shirt when you get to RI...you will wear it latter any wayz... just take of your enlisted paygrade and put on your ugly Anchor

It is way better than having to button the top button on the blues and wear a tie all day...and the creases are already there...I'm not lazy, but thats just nice to have.

Is this the kind of attitude you always have? If so then you are in for a real humbling experience.

Where do you get off telling someone to go buy a uniform just because you don't want to wear one? Grow up. It is not always about you.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot

If I am the only one who shows up without the khaki shirt (highly unlikely) I will give in. With the uniform being so new I'm willing to bet there will be plenty of us with only the old blue top. ;)

Thought I remember reading these new shirts won't carry over to the required uniforms for officers. Not for sure though and never cared because I didn't plan on buying them anyways. Time to do some research.

AC1 FlyAlot

The new service uniform khaki shirts are not transferrable to the officer's seabag. The shirt is of lesser quality and the price is about half of what the officer khaki shirt price is. I've purchased the new service uniforms already and have been wearing them for about a week or so - before I found out we probably won't be wearing them while at BOOST. I would suggest to all of those who have already purchased them to bring them anyway. I'm going to bring both sets (we all know how things change so quickly in the Navy - at the end of the day we might be authorized to wear them) - I've got plenty of room for storage in my suv anyway. Again, the uniform situation is not that big of a deal. These minute inconveniences, such as wearing the necktie, are a small price to pay for the awesome opportunity we've all been granted.