• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Up-to-date gouge on BOOST/NSI

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
I'm not sure how the re-enlistment stuff works but I think it has to be completed before we transfer to NSI. Not for sure though.

I only have one acceptance letter too. Don't have my orders yet but I've been told everything is good and I am just waiting for the letter saying my age waiver is approved. This sucks getting my orders late because I plan on taking as many days of transfer leave as possible.

Stick

pilot
Hello everyone,
Well I am comming back from leave and headed out to the Mighty Kitty Hawk for the final time. I cant wait to return because that means I can now begin preparations to check out so I can check in to a brighter future. I do have a few last questions though before starting a new.

• How is everyone doing re-enlistments? Are you guys waitinig until after BOOST/NSI and waiting until we arive at our colleges?
  • I hope I am not the only one with jusy one acceptance letter. Anyone else?
I guess thats all for now. Keep passing back good info and I cant wait to read some replies.

You have to reenlist before you can transfer. It should be in your orders. If there are any of you out there who are in the same situation I was in will want to reenlist ASAP (sub guys only). I was on shore duty and did not OBLISERV so I wasn't getting sub pay (I was going to get out). As soon as you reenlist you start getting the sub pay again until the day you check into NSI. It was a nice little $500 gift. I didn't know this and waited to reenlist. Reenlist as soon as you get orders. You should be able to walk into the CCC's office and fill out paperwork and do it real quickly because you don't have to worry about SRB or anything like that.

HIETT

• I hope I am not the only one with jusy one acceptance letter. Anyone else?
Kitty Hawk? I was on the Mustin...

Anyway I applied and got accepted to University of Missouri among a few other schools, and ol' Ed didn't even bother to post the other schools (MU has 5 OCs and 80 Mids). I guess he knows that hardly anyone will pick MU as their number 1.

Still waiting for NOMI approval - going to bug them and start calling Ed on a daily basis until thats taken care of. I can see lots of others are having problems with that.

I like to see this stuff about our treatment and way of life at NSI... Anyone else have some more gouge or another thread on what to expect as far as liberty, the faux bootcamp attitude and if we will have any run-ins with the gunnys and the OCs in OCS?

Starting NSI on the 22nd of February: go ahead and write me at my email sometime before we go if we will be in class together.

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
Nomi!!

Hey guys and gals...HAPPY NEW YEAR...on a more serious note. I have had my Physical at NOMI since Nov4th. I finally got tired of talking to good ole ED....called NOMI myself. They were missing my sickle cell and GSPD results that they do in boot camp? I asked how the hell i was supposed to know to get it to them unless they told me. They made up some bull shit excuse about how i should of known. Ed didnt have any idea either supposedly. You would think he would check on us but I guess he doesn't. Either way I sent them what they needed out of my med record today and they already cleared it and requested my orders all in one day. I suggest everyone call and check in with NOMI themselves. It continues even after being selected...you have to have control of your own success. SO hope everyone gets on board if you are waiting...call them. It helps! See everyone in Rhode Island!

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
I have been trying to tell you guys for the past month about calling. My physical was only at NOMI for 2 weeks because I called them everyday to find out what more they needed because Ed does check up but NOMI is very bad about putting paperwork down and forgetting about it. They have so many physicals to review in their office that it is a jumble of papers. I sent something by fax on a thursday and called monday to check the status and it took them 20 minutes to find that fax. As long as people start calling them and "checking" on their physicals. Have fun and happy new year! See everyone up there.

Navy_Brat_AT

I will always have my memories...

Oh the joys of the Kitty Hawk,

Well It looks like I can Trasfer out of here on the 15th...

...But wait there's more...I can't transfer until the reenlistment is official....but wait I can't reenlist until the ONLY person on the face of the earth (HM1) signs my medical portion of my reenlistment...but wait...he's on leave. My CCC is saying its my fault for waiting for my orders to reenlist. Wow...I hate doing wha I am told. Haha.
He'll be back next week, maybe I can do this thing before next friday so I can check out the following Monday? *sigh*...I am going to miss this place...

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
I am in the same boat Brat. I haven't even started on my transfer packet. My move is all set up, but because our WHOLE squadron went on leave at the SAME time I have to do everything next week in order to leave on the 14th or 15th. Then there is moving out of housing and getting my whole family to Oklahoma, but that's a whole other ordeal. I am feeling the pain of doing things in a very limited time frame. Oh well we know we will all be up there at the end of Feb, so see everyone then.

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
Quick question for those who have already received their orders; what is the detach date that is on the orders?

crbnsooner5574

STA-21 NFO Selectee
It just says detach Jan 09 when directed, so I am guessing that means when your squadron wants to let you go. I am hoping to be outta here by the 15th.

SubmarineWife

I apologize if this is a repeat question. I am curious about pay while at NSI. I know that BAS and special pay (SUB pay) go away, but that BAS comes back upon graduation. Because we are in Groton (1.5 hours away from Newport) are we still eligible for family separation pay?

Stick

pilot
Because we are in Groton (1.5 hours away from Newport) are we still eligible for family separation pay?

I believe you still will get it, but only if your husband is TAD (i.e. only NSI), but if he is going to BOOST his orders should say he is going to PCS there then you will not get it.

If it takes you 1.5 hours to get to Groton you are driving under the speed limit or taking a bad route. It should take around 45 minutes.:)

SubmarineWife

Cool! Thanks! He is to NSI only, and I thought that it shouldn't matter where your previous duty staton is, it should just matter if you are TDY or PCS. Anyway, I have only driven to Newport once, the day after our first snow storm to take my kids to the Newport Dinner Train when they were running the Polar Express. I got behind someone doing 30 the whole way off of the highway, plus battling ice. My husband says it should take under an hour.

Stick

pilot
Cool! Thanks! He is to NSI only, and I thought that it shouldn't matter where your previous duty staton is, it should just matter if you are TDY or PCS. Anyway, I have only driven to Newport once, the day after our first snow storm to take my kids to the Newport Dinner Train when they were running the Polar Express. I got behind someone doing 30 the whole way off of the highway, plus battling ice. My husband says it should take under an hour.

Yep. just use a GPS. It is the easiest way to get back to 95 from Newport and vice versa. Have fun and enjoy your cold weather. I am enjoying my 70 degree weather.

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
I have a couple of questions about the uniforms we will be wearing while at BOOST. Will we still be allowed to wear our working blues vice the new service uniform since July 09 is the official switchover date? Also are cloroframs authorized or are we required to have the oxford style shoes? Any help is greatly appreciated.

RCL813

FY 09 CORE Selectee!
You are supposed to report in "suitable civilian attire" and they will issue you OC uniforms when you get there, and you shouldnt need your enlisted uniforms after that accept the parts that transfer over like the black dress shoes (which I have been told we should take those items with so we dont have to buy them when we get there) and if I remember the instruction correctly corophrams are not allowed at NSI. there is a whole instruction that covers all of the uniform info for NSI on the STA 21 here, hope it helps.

https://www.netc.navy.mil/nstc/otcn/Schoolhouses/STA-21/NSI/NSI_Uniforms.htm