• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Transitioning from helos 2 fixed wing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broadsword2004

This is just a suggestion from another guy who is also an SNA-wannabe, but stop with the "People have put me down my whole life, but I know I will make it, and they are just jealous because they didn't yada yada" type of attitude, and people will stop knocking on you.

If people do put you down, don't mention it to other people, it makes it sound like you want people to feel sorry for you and say stuff like, "Hey man, don't worry, just have confidence in urself and you'll make it, etc..." that just won't happen (people saying such a thing)!!

If people are like that to you, just ignore them, ask questions, but don't say how you were teased and ridiculed, but how you always have risen to the top, etc....to people on this forum, I think it just sounds like you are saying how you were always teased (i.e. feel sorry for me), but then saying how great you are for always having come out on top. It makes you sound insecure (not saying you are at all, just telling you how people interpret, or how I interpret, you words).

Just be humble, don't feel you have to prove your self worth to people, just listen to advice given to you and learn.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Crash2 said:
I know i dont know anything, and dont take anything ive seen on here as bs. im just taking what ive heard and what i gather on here and combining them into the reality of being a military pilot. i dont mind being "that guy" because the more i say or "stupid" things i ask the more i learn. in reality im the most modest, quiet, shy, and unspoken guy you will ever meet, i NEVER talk or open my mouth about anything, i just sit back and observe, and thats the way ill be when i go into OCS. but on here i ask, or speak what is on my mind to learn what i can and absorb as much info as possible even if it does seem stupid to some.

i dont care about getting ripped on or ragged on here because i know where ever i go there will always be synics and people trying to put me down or discourage me, because they fell short of achieving their dreams in life by getting the short end of the stick. and by putting me down it some how makes them feel so much better about themselves and their lives for some reason. theres not a doubt in my mind or anyone elses that knows me or is close to me that ill make it. weather i get jets, props, or helos, i will be extremely happy and make the best of it by playing the hand im dealt. if that doesnt convince people about my attitude or commitment to military flying then i dont know what will.

I have some advice: stop being gay. We don't care if you've been picked on your whole life for whatever reason. The bottom line is that your attitude offends a lot of people who are the real deal here. Grow up.

....man, I wish I was cool and talented enough to have 200 hours....[insert sarcasm]...

ghost

working, working, working ...
pilot
Crash2 said:
I know i dont know anything, and dont take anything ive seen on here as bs. im just taking what ive heard and what i gather on here and combining them into the reality of being a military pilot. i dont mind being "that guy" because the more i say or "stupid" things i ask the more i learn. in reality im the most modest, quiet, shy, and unspoken guy you will ever meet, i NEVER talk or open my mouth about anything, i just sit back and observe, and thats the way ill be when i go into OCS. but on here i ask, or speak what is on my mind to learn what i can and absorb as much info as possible even if it does seem stupid to some.

i dont care about getting ripped on or ragged on here because i know where ever i go there will always be synics and people trying to put me down or discourage me, because they fell short of achieving their dreams in life by getting the short end of the stick. and by putting me down it some how makes them feel so much better about themselves and their lives for some reason. theres not a doubt in my mind or anyone elses that knows me or is close to me that ill make it. weather i get jets, props, or helos, i will be extremely happy and make the best of it by playing the hand im dealt. if that doesnt convince people about my attitude or commitment to military flying then i dont know what will.

Punctuation and spelling go a long way to what people think about you.

chazmurr

Put your money where your mouth is and start the application process, that alone will take you down a couple notches. I am pretty tired of hearing this incessant self-gratification; you are not going to get any, "atta boys" from these people.

I am not sure any jet that you enivision yourself flying in will ever be able to keep up with your ego.

Reactions: bch

Crash2

chazmurr said:
Put your money where your mouth is and start the application process, that alone will take you down a couple notches. I am pretty tired of hearing this incessant self-gratification; you are not going to get any, "atta boys" from these people.

I am not sure any jet that you enivision yourself flying in will ever be able to keep up with your ego.

Already started with a/f, navy, and marines. whoever gives me a slot first is where im going. they are all saying i have an excellent shot, and am as competitive as they've ever seen. so if anything their comments have brought me up a couple notches.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is one of the more amusing threads I have read here in quite a while. There are always going to be a few guys like Crash around, whether it be in API or on this forum. Funny thing though, you don't as many in the fleet though (there are some out there though).

Brett, thanks for ranting, I was tempted to do the same.

Punctuation and spelling go a long way to what people think about you.

Good advice. Though with an Aeronautical Engineering major he won't need to would he? He would just have to fly his cool shiny plane and not do any paperwork, right?

One last thing, did I miss it among his bragging or has Crash said anything about wanting to serve his country?

Reactions: bch

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
"I I I I me me me me I I I I me me me me I I I I me me me me."

Welcome aboard, shipmate.

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
Crash2 said:
Already started with a/f, navy, and marines. whoever gives me a slot first is where im going. they are all saying i have an excellent shot, and am as competitive as they've ever seen. so if anything their comments have brought me up a couple notches.

Good to hear that you are considering several options, but have you looked into what the differences are between the services? Your life as an Air Force pilot would be quite different from that of a Marine.

It would be nice to hear something about being determined to serve your country.

Crash2

Im all about serving my country, my dad and most of my aunts and uncles are ex-military. i have a long line of military personel in my family. my main motivation for becoming a pilot was because of my uncle, whom i was named after, who was a 3 time ace in WW2. he flew P-40s with the Flying Tigers AVG over in China and was General Chennault's right hand man. he later flew P-51s and was acredited with being the first american to down a zero in a P-51 after they disbanded.
im deeply passionate flying but more so about serving my country like my uncle and most of my family did. i have nothing but pride and honor for our flag, and have a deep seeded emotional understanding for what it represents.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
That's it. This thread is over. Give it up Crash, you're digging yourself deeper with the folks at AW. Just make useful posts from now on.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Crash2[B said:
]Im just getting conflicting information from these various people i know and what you all are saying. they say its not hard, yall make it sound like its the hardest thing in the world. I know the training in the military is way different and alot more advanced and fast paced. its just something new im gonna have to learn like everyone else. i absorb new information like a sponge, and have been told i have hand eye coordination and multi tasking skills that they never thought possible.

IMO, flight training will effect everyone differently. I knew guys who spent all sorts of hours solo studying, group study, trying to absorb all the info. Some had prior flight time, some didn't. Some got it, some didn't. I found primary not to be very diffiult at all, didn't spend a whole lot of time studying and I was probably lucky in that regard. It made my primary days (all of flight school actually) a good time, epecially compared to my roomate who just did not get it, and spent 8 hours a day studying to do very poorly throughout most of his flight training. When he finally got it, he lost it one day and during a rough post-brief, body slammed his IP against the briefing room wall. No kidding and not something I would recommend guys.

Of course I'm not sure why we are all spending a whole lot of time with this guy. He likes to toot his own horn and yet is still just a wannabe who has yet to even be accepted into any program. Luckily he has unmatched hand/eye coordination and multi-tasking skills :sleep_125 I think he has rubbed a few feathers the wrong way but then again, we can't take this guy seriously. I'm all for helping those who want to make it. The right attitude goes a long way and sometimes getting that right attitude takes some nudging from those of us who have been there or are there as we speak. Crash2 doesn't get it yet, at least from the internet perspective. Maybe in due time it will click.

By the way Crash2, who is this uncle, the ace you speak of? I'm still kind of a geek and a self-proclaimed aviation historian. Let us know his name, I'm very curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.