• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Top Gun 2

WannaFlyHigh

Just watched the movie today and I definitely think it lived up to the hype. The aerial footage was outstanding and the plot was wayyy better than I expected.

HuggyU2

None
Have not read a single post in this thread.

Me and a bunch of my Gold Wing friends (including the first U-2 inter-service transfer from the Navy) are going Saturday.

Of course... I'll be in a white T-shirt,
jeans, and leather jacket. No laughing at the old fat guy!

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Have not read a single post in this thread.

Me and a bunch of my Gold Wing friends (including the first U-2 inter-service transfer from the Navy) are going Saturday.

Of course... I'll be in a white T-shirt,
jeans, and leather jacket. No laughing at the old fat guy!
I didn't do the white t-shirt, but I did wear my G-1. The guy sitting next to me was pretty excited for the movie since he had done ROTC but was medically disqualified just before commissioning. He had wanted to be a naval aviator, so I didn't have the heart to tell him why I had the G-1.

Let us know what you think. I thought it was the right amount of cringe-worthy lines, aerial cinematography, and "well, that was pretty close to right."

Mirage

pilot
Just watched the movie today and I definitely think it lived up to the hype. The aerial footage was outstanding and the plot was wayyy better than I expected.
Saw it last night... loved everything except I wasn't crazy about the plot, as it was ludicrous frankly. I'm not a pointy nose guy, but I'm pretty sure Growlers exist so that the entire plot of the movie wouldn't have to in real life.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Fantastic movie. Even my wife, who finds Downton Abby films “fast,” enjoyed the show. I actually liked all of the Top Gun throwback stuff and Tom Cruises acted in this one. The script dealt with Iceman rather nicely. Sure, the plot was a bit off and you don’t have to be Chester Nimitz to see several tactical flaws with the primary mission focus but the flying scenes were outstanding and fun to watch. A must see on a big screen!

WannaFlyHigh

Saw it last night... loved everything except I wasn't crazy about the plot, as it was ludicrous frankly. I'm not a pointy nose guy, but I'm pretty sure Growlers exist so that the entire plot of the movie wouldn't have to in real life.
I’m not an expert in aerial warfare like most of the guys here so I couldn’t speak on the realism part but based off the first movie, I was expecting a mediocre plot and romance storyline in the sequel. I’m glad the love interest scenes were kept at a minimum and there was a lot more flying involved. Again, I’m speaking from a purely civilian point of view lol.

tarjas

Alooo-haaa
None
Great show, exceeded expectations. I think the production team threaded the nostalgia needle nearly perfectly for us old dudes who saw the original in theater as a kid. Flying scenes are incredible. Characters have some depth, especially when compared to TG1. Not the biggest TC fan but the chemistry between Maverick and Penny felt authentic. Lots of pushing the “creative license” button for we who know but I really enjoyed the movie overall. Wife and son did as well. Watched in IMAX here in Pcola, would recommend the big screen. Been along time since RRN went to River City to download the trailer when it came out a few years ago, glad it was worth the wait!