• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tiger Guts It Out!!!!!!!

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
Why is he a total jackass? Just out of curiosity.

He thinks very highly of himself...that's the problem. A huge ego that crushes everything it comes in contact with. I mean...he charges people to get an autograph...jeezus.

As an example, he apparently thinks that he "owns" the name "Glamorous Glennis", and makes claim to any aircraft that is painted up as his mount. Jack Roush used to have a Mustang painted up as GG, and Yeager essentually forced Roush to let him fly it. It got to the point that Roush repainted the aircraft as "Gentleman Jack" so he didn't have to deal with Yeager anymore.

I know of several "wannabes" (myself included) who have approached him casually at airshows just to say hello, and have been unceremoniously brushed off...and then insulted just to rub some alcohol in the wound. I know of kids who have wanted to get their photos taken with him at airshows, and he says 'no'.

Just overall a douche. Which is really unfortunate, because a man of his accomplishments doesn't have to be such a cock. As someone mentioned, Hoover has many of the same accomplishments, and is a complete gentleman.

I might...might...p*ss on Yeager if he were on fire. Chances are he wouldn't even stop to look if I were on fire.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
What a great finish!! I pulled for Rocco, but definitely was happy to see Tiger get his 14TH!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Gen. Yeager started to believe his press in the 80's, contrast him with Bob Hoover whose accomplishments are similar and yet is much more of a humble person. Not to jump on USAF types, after all I was an Infanty officer so not much clout here, but BG Ritchey seems to have the same mindset.

You mean Brigadier General Steve Ritchie?

bb1125

None
Great finish...I don't know about that. Great tournament...most definitely. The outcome was bittersweet for me. As much as I enjoy watching Tiger win, especially after just having knee surgery, I really felt bad for Rocco. He was a virtual nobody to the public prior to this weekend, and still held on through 90 holes. He even kept smiling after losing probably the toughest match in his life. Hat's off to a great competitor.

Max_Power

Prefers Skippy
Contributor
Great finish...I don't know about that. Great tournament...most definitely. The outcome was bittersweet for me. As much as I enjoy watching Tiger win, especially after just having knee surgery, I really felt bad for Rocco. He was a virtual nobody to the public prior to this weekend, and still held on through 90 holes. He even kept smiling after losing probably the toughest match in his life. Hat's off to a great competitor.

I agree that the USGA should also adopt an immediate sudden death playoff.

My hat goes off to both gentlemen. Tiger for winning 4 in a row and adding another trophy to his amazing collection, and I think Rocco proved that him being there was not a fluke; to be down 3 after 9 and come back to force a sudden death-sudden death is impressive, let alone forcing it against the best golfer in the world.

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
got to see the 16th-sudden death, it was awsome, can't golf for s*&t myself, but great to watch

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
... I really felt bad for Rocco. He was a virtual nobody to the public prior to this weekend, and still held on through 90 holes. He even kept smiling after losing probably the toughest match in his life. Hat's off to a great competitor.
Don't feel bad for him, I doubt he is feeling bad for himself tonight. He just went head to head against the best golfer in the world and nearly won. One more or less holes and he would have won. Trust me, this guy put himself in the spotlight no matter what the outcome was today.

Personally, while the down and dirty one hole sudden death is entertaining, I like the idea of them playing another 18 to really earn the win. I am not a fan of single game elimination in any sport. Being a big fan of baseball and the 5/7 game playoff series (which other sports do as well), I like to see a team or player win by being consistent over a series, not betting it all on one game/hole. Now, if they are tied after 18 (like we nearly saw today) there is no real option but the one hold sudden death.

Plus we get to watch another whole day of golf :D

Porkrind

I understand that he was having problems with his knee but I got sick of hearing about it all weekend. Watch football for a season and keep track of how many guys are out there with broken fingers or ribs, and they are getting hit.

phrogpilot73

I understand that he was having problems with his knee but I got sick of hearing about it all weekend. Watch football for a season and keep track of how many guys are out there with broken fingers or ribs, and they are getting hit.
Different sport. Different expectations.

MSkinsATC

pilot

You gotta play the game to understand the stress that is put on the front leg/knee. Plus to come back 4 weeks after that surgery and walk 91 holes much less swing the golf club on that knee 358 times is a feat in and of itself.

Porkrind

You gotta play the game to understand the stress that is put on the front leg/knee. Plus to come back 4 weeks after that surgery and walk 91 holes much less swing the golf club on that knee 358 times is a feat in and of itself.

I do play golf so I understand what you're saying. Also, I am not trying to knock Tiger. I just wanted to make the point that the talk about his knee was incessant. In reference to the short recovery time I have to bring football up one more final time. Look up Willis McGahee's injury in the '03 Orange Bowl (January). He was squatting something like 350 lbs. by April and working out for NFL scouts. He was the number 1 RB drafted that year. That impresses me a whole lot more than walking 91 holes while your caddy carries your bag.