• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Thread with "Cow" in it for actual meat conversation

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
08bd189ad27b249a0e5d5f6b3524947e.jpg

Liver is one of the most nutritious foods on the planet.
No doubt it is healthy. Epic has some interesting products, but none I have had are true dried meat jerky. It is ground, flaked or processed some way and formed into bars. Which is fine, but goes to my not so clear point. Becasue it is organ meat, not muscle, I can't imagine what you get when you slice it thin and then dry it like true jerky.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
No doubt it is healthy. Epic has some interesting products, but none I have had are true dried meat jerky. It is ground, flaked or processed some way and formed into bars. Which is fine, but goes to my not so clear point. Becasue it is organ meat, not muscle, I can't imagine what you get when you slice it thin and then dry it like true jerky.
It’s definitely ground, recombined, dried muscle meat and liver. They did a good job balancing the liver so it’s not too strong tasting. I don’t worry too much that it’s not “true” jerky because it’s one of the best ruminant liver products I’ve found that is easy and shelf-stable at room temp. I have some raw beef liver in the freezer but honestly it’s a chore to cook and a chore to eat.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
The one butcher shop I worked in made their own jerky, it was the best I've ever had. We only used top round, sliced thin, then marinated overnight in a vacuum marinating machine. Once done marinating we placed all the strips on racks in the smoker (a commercial smoker large enough to smoke a pig) and let them smoke for 8+ hrs.

The key was making sure to slice across the grain. That is where a lot of the commercial jerky companies fail.

ABMD

Was able to dig up some pics from a past Thanksgiving turkey on the egg. Before and After pics:
C7026686-2F1E-41F8-995F-B2945CA40F12.jpegDA9DC6E9-5D27-44D4-B71C-A218547889A5.jpeg

Last edited:

red_ryder

None
I dunno, costco has some TVP sausage patties that are pretty good, and it's a good way to supplement protein without spending $$$ on slabs of meat and throwing raw meat around all the time.

Impossible is decent, which is saying a lot for fake meat, and represents a quantum leap in quality compared to what it used to be like. If they can improve it again as much as they improved it over what it used to be like, I'd be on board.

But with how much meat americans consume, it would be hard to make it all grass-fed, high quality stuff. I'm definitely in favor of that over huge, crowded, nasty stockyards, but it would be nice to have a decent TVP to supplement protein along with hunted meat with proper conservation practices.

ABMD

I do - for laughs - but he is a clown. I have no idea how he got so filthy rich, either.
There's a sucker born every minute. The more people that follow him, and buy his supplements the more he makes. His physique is the result of lots of time in the gym and a health dose of HGH and testosterone and has nothing to do with the ancestral diet he’s peddling online.

Last edited:

ABMD

I dunno, costco has some TVP sausage patties that are pretty good, and it's a good way to supplement protein without spending $$$ on slabs of meat and throwing raw meat around all the time.

Impossible is decent, which is saying a lot for fake meat, and represents a quantum leap in quality compared to what it used to be like. If they can improve it again as much as they improved it over what it used to be like, I'd be on board.

But with how much meat americans consume, it would be hard to make it all grass-fed, high quality stuff. I'm definitely in favor of that over huge, crowded, nasty stockyards, but it would be nice to have a decent TVP to supplement protein along with hunted meat with proper conservation practices.
There are always CSA's for meat. Friends of mine do this with hogs, fowl and beef. The cost is more, but the animals are pasture raised, no antibiotics or hormones and eat a natural diet.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
James Cameron tried to run a vegan NZ farm without cows. It backfired on him, and he found out the hard way that grazing livestock (and their excrements) are crucial to soil health, requiring him to reintroduce cows for holistic land management.

ABMD

James Cameron tried to run a vegan NZ farm without cows. It backfired on him, and he found out the hard way that grazing livestock (and their excrements) are crucial to soil health, requiring him to reintroduce cows for holistic land management.
The best part of that article:

"Perhaps he looks into taking a rowboat back to America when he goes back so he lowers his carbon footprint."
?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Because if you succeeded in tech or media, you must be an expert in other disciplines, such as farming.

It's science!

;)

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I actually think it’s a good news story. There are examples of this (meaning: failures of anti-animal farming and monocropping) abound in the world, but finally the news media is reporting on it, bc he is a celebrity.