• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Thought Of The Minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Ok, so maybe it is me. I ran 400m repeats today, and found a Nike running watch (http://www.nike.com/nikerunning/?ref=global_home) lying around. It's the '50 Triax Aluminum.' Guess it's my lucky day. I'm against whoever plays OK from here on out. Them and the Chiefs. No way the Chiefs will go undefeated. I think they're good enough to do it, but this is the NFL and every sunday could be day. Go Vols.

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
Originally posted by texag02
dont get me started on them. i'm hoping for a 10-0 loss against 0-10 SMU...even if i have to enroll in grad school and go walk on to make it happen...c'mon now...TUC? really? they couldnt beat a legit top 25 team without the help of copious mistakes. Louiville had the ball inside the 5 three times and came away with only 2 field goals. that game was about 2 plays away from being a blowout for louiville. i think they ran up almost 600 yards total offense.

Blowout!? Are you friggin' retarded? I bet you didn't even watch the game.

reapergm

And Now Deep Thoughts, By Jack Handy.... "It takes a big man to cry, but an even bigger man to laugh at that man."

Sins

X3D Fritz just broke it off in Gary Kasparov's rear:
http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1269888

But seriously, Kasper had a strong expansion on the kingside, running the h-pawn
bulb_125.gif
(then g) would have been much better than that rook move (32....Rg7??). The man is now down 0-1-1 against Agent Smith. The Matrix has you.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
For crying outloud, when is the OCS website going to update and show us some new pictures of OCC 184? It's been almost two weeks. We have a few AW members there...

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Isn't it about time for another Disney classic to be re-released, "JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS......" and "FOR THE LAST TIME." The biggest freaking racket in the world is Walt Disney..."available for the last time" on such and such a date....OR UNTIL YOU FRIGGIN MONEY GRUBBERS re-issue the movie for the 6th time in 20 years.

I vote for Bambi...though I honestly don't know if it was actually discontinued.

riley

"No, it must be very pleasant to be free from all this doubt and pressure," insisted Major Danby. "I think I'd like to live like a vegetable and make no important decisions."
"What kind of vegetable, Danby?"
"A cucumber or carrot."
"What kind of cucumber? A good one or a bad one?"
"Oh, a good one, of course."
"They'd cut you off in your prime and slice you up for salad."
Major Danby's face fell. "A poor one, then."
"They'd let you rot and use you for fertilizer to help the good ones grow."
"I guess I don't want to live like a vegetable, then," said Major Danby with a smile of sad resignation.

(From Catch 22 - by Joseph Heller)

riley

You know, manacles and chains have functions in modern life which their fevered inventors must never have considered in an earlier and simpler age. If I were a suburban developer, I would attach at least one set to the walls of every new yellow brick ranch style and Cape Cod split level.

When the suburbanites grew tired of television and Ping-Pong or whatever they do in their little homes, they could chain one another up for a while. Everyone would love it. Wives would say, ‘My husband put me in chains last night. It was wonderful. Has your husband done that to you lately?’ And children would hurry eagerly home from school to their mothers who would be waiting to chain them. It would help the children to cultivate the imagination denied them by television and would appreciably cut down on the incidence of juvenile delinquency.

When father came in from work, the whole family could grab him and chain him for being stupid enough to be working all day long to support them. Troublesome old relatives would be chained in the carport. Their hands would be released only once a month, so they could sign over their Social Security checks.

Manacles and chains could build a better life for all.

Ignatious Reilly

Character in “A Confederacy of Dunces”

riley

Last one for today.....

When I look back at my past and think how much time I wasted on nothing, how much time has been lost in futilities, errors, laziness, incapacity to live; how little I appreciated it, how many times I sinned against my heart and soul – then my heart bleeds. Life is a gift. Life is happiness, every minute can be an eternity of happiness! “Si la jeunesie Savint!” (If youth only knew)

Dostoevsky – writing to his brother on the day of his reprieve from execution.

reapergm

News... Talked to Spin on liberty the otherday. He rolled his ankle and is on light duty. I think he said hes in the same company as GTodd. Spin thinks that Perchul got hurt too, but he wasnt sure. I havent heard from Perch in a couple of weeks. I told Spin I was looking for his pic on the OCS site.. but so far a no go. If I get anymore news, I shall post it up. -Reaperman

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Well that's about par for the course I think...everyone gets 'hurt'...just hope you don't get 'injured.' My OSO said that you shouldn't even pretend that anything hurts because they'll put you on light duty and too many days of LD against you and you're out...

They've got what, 4 weeks left? 3 in reality because the last week is pretty light from what I've heard.

Can you imagine spending Thanksgiving at OCS??? The SI's are probably pissed they're not at home with their families and you get to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.