• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"THE WORD" at tbs right now about API

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
Aviation Supply school is twice a year. If I remember correctly, both classes were always booked.

Is ATC training not long; something around 5 months with extensive OJT requirements to be fully qualified?

Logistics is a big one. The Marine Corps will always need logistics folks at every level of war. Also, it is pretty marketable on the outside.

Sorry if someone mentioned this one already but...
Speaking of Logistics, there looks to be 4 slots for SNA's in B Co to go the AMOS Logistics route, do a pump, and pick up at API immediately upon returning. Information developing, but intel good as of 14 May. More gouge coming on the possible need for UAV operators (almost no intel on this rumor). Right now, it looks like 13 guys volunteered for 4 slots (and about four of them cried at the lack of IOC slots). Hope this helps a bit.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Aviation Supply school is twice a year. If I remember correctly, both classes were always booked.

Is ATC training not long; something around 5 months with extensive OJT requirements to be fully qualified?

Logistics is a big one. The Marine Corps will always need logistics folks at every level of war. Also, it is pretty marketable on the outside.

LOGISTICS is valuable on the outside. The MOS school won't do much for you, other than get you Embarkation Officer as your first collateral duty. Now, doing a pump as a LogO, that might be enough to actually learn something.

I mentioned the aviation-related MOS schools because they might help someone be useful at a squadron, not with the hopes of being fully qualified in that MOS. DASC wouldn't be a bad one, either.

ConsiderItDone

Marine Officer
It's been about a month since the last post; and I have eyes and ears up at The Big Suck, but what is the current word some of you are receiving through your various sources?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
It's been about a month since the last post; and I have eyes and ears up at The Big Suck, but what is the current word some of you are receiving through your various sources?

Fox and Golf (of last year) just got TAD orders while at MATSG-21...

Reconjoe

Since it's been a while, here's an update:

The 50 so Alpha company Lts who stashed in Quantico with language training received rough API/Primary start dates ranging from 7 February 2011 to 25 April 2011. The understanding is these dates are not firm but projected. If it is in keeping with their new philosophy to try to keep all TBS classes together for API/Primary, this might be a good indicator for follow on companies as to a rough start date for Bravo LT's and so on...

But as always, Semper Gumbi!

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
99% of Delta 09 will have started by the middle of August... Right now 10 guys are starting per week. 4 to Corpus, 5 to Whiting, 1 to Vance. NFO's are getting thrown in there somewhere... The post API has been chewed through. It appears as though the pipeline has started to move.

BlazeUSMC

Belligerent Arm Swing!
I'm currently in Delta 4-10 at TBS. Word just came down the chain that 80% of air contracts in D. Co will go straight to Pensacola and have some sort of job at NAS. The other 20% will either be put in a MEF or stay at TECOM. The word is everchanging and I definitely am not taking it to heart, but thats the latest word from my Company staff

USMCZeus

Just got word in an MOS brief today that there are no IOC slots for pilots right now. That is from the mouth of the company XO.

On a slightly lass official note, rumor has it that all pilots will go straight to Florida after TBS. That is 3rd+ hand info that supposedly originated with the TBS CO.

BlazeUSMC, what plt are you in?

Reconjoe

New word for the Alpha company language Marines is to report to Pensacola January 17th. DLPT scheduled for December 17th...any1's guess if this will actually pan out, but otherwise looks like we're getting a Christmas this year.

ConsiderItDone

Marine Officer
F' my life...

I have been waiting with no PTAD just to get to TBS since last September. I will finally hit the suck in October for 1-11, and now I see that there may still be a big wait to pick up API once I graduate. Atleast from that point forward I will actually be doing something to "work" toward 1st Lt. and be doing "Lieutenantly" stuff as opposed to what many of the JAG's and I have been doing for the last year.(Nothing) And most importantly there is no more $8/hr day labor! :icon_smil

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
F' my life...

I have been waiting with no PTAD just to get to TBS since last September. I will finally hit the suck in October for 1-11, and now I see that there may still be a big wait to pick up API once I graduate. Atleast from that point forward I will actually be doing something to "work" toward 1st Lt. and be doing "Lieutenantly" stuff as opposed to what many of the JAG's and I have been doing for the last year.(Nothing) And most importantly there is no more $8/hr day labor! :icon_smil

You can always switch to ground at TBS if you don't want to wait.

If you've been paying attention around here and reading you would know that the pipeline is gearing up quickly. 10 Marines per week are starting API, ground school at TW-5 is being compressed a bit, and the VT's are flying their asses off (6 days a week in some cases) to get guys moving through. By the time you may actually be done with the BOC in March/April, and do IFS in April/May (in either Manassas or Pensacola) you may have only a month or so to wait. You don't have to worry about API or Primary for another year, it may very well be an entirely different game when you get down here.

ConsiderItDone

Marine Officer
You can always switch to ground at TBS if you don't want to wait.

If you've been paying attention around here and reading you would know that the pipeline is gearing up quickly. 10 Marines per week are starting API, ground school at TW-5 is being compressed a bit, and the VT's are flying their asses off (6 days a week in some cases) to get guys moving through. By the time you may actually be done with the BOC in March/April, and do IFS in April/May (in either Manassas or Pensacola) you may have only a month or so to wait. You don't have to worry about API or Primary for another year, it may very well be an entirely different game when you get down here.

Yeah, I can read.

Snide remark aside, your last two posts have been in accordance with what I have been getting from my various sources as well. I also know that the USMC runs on the "Slinky" system and that this hole may clog again. I am pumped to just finally be getting to The Body Softener, much less to API.(Yeah I said it...I'm excited to get to TBS...) A year of nothing sucks, and the last two sentences of my last post better reflect my attitude. The F' my life was for balance and continuities sake.

;) Winky face. No more lost in translation?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Secure that happiness.

The time waiting for TBS was the best of my life. Nothing but the gym and enjoying the sun.

Be prepared to rarely go to the gym and to hate the sun (or snow for you). The statistics I have in front of me say the time from our initial and final e-course times slowed down by like 7-10 minutes.

I know that bitching about TBS is the "cool" thing to do, but it is good training and you will get out of it what you put into it. I enjoyed my time there with a great staff and I wish I had concentrated more on what was taught. I don't want to sound like a buzzkill, but the only people that TBS is "the body softener" for are hardcore body builders and the lazy. It is certainly not perfect, but TBS is a major thing that sets Marine officers apart from other services and I never understood the intense bitching from some.

yodaears

pilot
^^It's amazing how a few days in the field will bring back that yut yut juice for treetop. Are you serious? SDO must be making you crazy.