• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"THE WORD" at tbs right now about API

Lonestar155

is good to go
Lt underground around here at TBS is that they are giving the option to Marine Air Lt's to either leave the Marine Corps are do some other stuff such as go to IOC, deploy or do something else after TBS due to the long wait. The wait after TBS is getting pretty (long 10-12 months for API), but I know of some guys in other companies that are just changing their contracts to ground. Anyone know whats going on?

KBayDog

633727205083727260-TheBirdIthoughteveronehadheard.jpg

That said, don't do anything you might regret later in life.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Lt underground around here at TBS is that they are giving the option to Marine Air Lt's to either leave the Marine Corps are do some other stuff such as go to IOC, deploy or do something else after TBS due to the long wait. The wait after TBS is getting pretty (long 10-12 months for API), but I know of some guys in other companies that are just changing their contracts to ground. Anyone know whats going on?

There are a lot of us hanging around here. They may send some guys on IA billets, others are getting TAD orders to go work for the different MAGs, still others are getting PTAD orders to go work with an OSO (some get extended PTAD orders) and yet the rest of us are just waiting, getting stashed in classes at Eglin or Hurlburt, or taking the first couple of modules of EWS. Haven't heard anything about IOC but guys are getting sent to the AMO course. As far as guys getting out of the Marine Corps I haven't seen any of that. Some don't want to wait and are redesignating, but that is the same as a DOR.

AJB37

Alpha got 17 IOC slots, 15 assistant series commander at SOI or MCRD slots, one ATC, one Comptroller, and 50 language training. We were told to volunteer for one... the SPCs then decided who got what regardless of preference. But nobody was told to change their contract or to leave the Marine Corps. But this is pretty different from what we were told at our MAGTF night last week.

sanders

What AJB37 said is correct. Most of the air contracts will be doing language school before going to pensacola. Speaking of which... does anybody know anything about language school? The only thing they have told us is that it will probably be in Quantico. We don't know what language we will be learning, how long it takes, when it starts, when it ends, if we can take leave during it, if we will still be getting our gray belt during this time, if we will be doing IFS still....

If anybody has any word it would be greatly appreciated.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
What AJB37 said is correct. Most of the air contracts will be doing language school before going to pensacola. Speaking of which... does anybody know anything about language school? The only thing they have told us is that it will probably be in Quantico. We don't know what language we will be learning, how long it takes, when it starts, when it ends, if we can take leave during it, if we will still be getting our gray belt during this time, if we will be doing IFS still....

If anybody has any word it would be greatly appreciated.

It would make sense if they taught you a language from your assigned micro-region. ....but I wouldn't put any money on it.

KBayDog

What language do you need to know how to speak before you get to Pensacola? I went there armed with state college English, and I managed to make it through.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
*sigh*

Last Nov when I graduated TBS I saw the writing on the wall, walked into my SPC's office, and said "Hey sir, there is a long fucking wait in P-Cola, who do I need to talk to to try and work out an IA or something?" and I got told to "Get the fuck out [his] office."

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
It would make sense if they taught you a language from your assigned micro-region. ....but I wouldn't put any money on it.

"Assigned micro-region?"

Wow. Between that and a MCMAP belt all the young 'uns should be ready for MARSOC.

What the hell does THAT entail?

Reconjoe

Honestly up to now it entailed nothing....was supposed to turn into a possible "hip-pocket" class for us at some point during TBS to give our fellow 3rd Lieutenants. Supposedly though if it gets annotated correctly in our records, we might be looked at as "subject matter experts" on that Micro-Region if our commands need someone with knowledge of the area.....you know, just in case Wikipedia is down that day....

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
*sigh*

Last Nov when I graduated TBS I saw the writing on the wall, walked into my SPC's office, and said "Hey sir, there is a long fucking wait in P-Cola, who do I need to talk to to try and work out an IA or something?" and I got told to "Get the fuck out [his] office."
hmmm, stashed at some bullshit job in P'cola for a 6-8 months or doing an IA in some bum-fucked micro-portion of the world.... easy answer bro.... you should be thanking your SPC...

you ladies will have plenty of chances for IA's, enjoy your free time.

S/F

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Honestly up to now it entailed nothing....was supposed to turn into a possible "hip-pocket" class for us at some point during TBS to give our fellow 3rd Lieutenants. Supposedly though if it gets annotated correctly in our records, we might be looked at as "subject matter experts" on that Micro-Region if our commands need someone with knowledge of the area.....you know, just in case Wikipedia is down that day....

Check out the section "Operational Cultural Information" on your MOL account after you graduate TBS. It will be there. I got assigned the arm pit of the world... I mean East Africa. But yeah, we are supposed to have to take PME along with EWS in our region to become subject matter experts in that part of the world. We'll see if that really happens.

AJB37

Check out the section "Operational Cultural Information" on your MOL account after you graduate TBS. It will be there. I got assigned the arm pit of the world... I mean East Africa. But yeah, we are supposed to have to take PME along with EWS in our region to become subject matter experts in that part of the world. We'll see if that really happens.

I was assigned East Africa as well, but I picked it because I taught English in Tanzania... and aviator seems a bit backed up I was hoping I would get assigned Pirate Fighter as an MOS.