• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"THE WORD" at tbs right now about API

texags

pilot
2.5-4 month wait seems pretty short. I hope that the wait is that short, but realistically I would expect closer to 6 months. At least IFS will keep you busy for part of it.

sbeaTm08

Wake up, put a good dip in, crack a cold one
pilot
haha...when they gave us that same brief at TBS they told us about 3-4 months....9 months later I classed up for API. The only "good" stash jobs are the AMS' or what was called LEAD, now its something else. At least there you are working with Marines. If you can find a cush job in some obscure corner that keeps you from duty and all the tardness that is the MOC you've succeeded.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
haha...when they gave us that same brief at TBS they told us about 3-4 months....9 months later I classed up for API. The only "good" stash jobs are the AMS' or what was called LEAD, now its something else. At least there you are working with Marines. If you can find a cush job in some obscure corner that keeps you from duty and all the tardness that is the MOC you've succeeded.

It's call MAT (Marines Awaiting Training) now. Those guys had some crazy hours. Try to get on the funeral detail. Work for a few hours a week, wear the blues, give honors to a Marine who deserves it, and it keeps you off the duty list. (At least it did while I was there)

Deror

How can I make this thread more awkward?
Is it safe to assume that the earlier I check in the more options I'll have when it comes to stash jobs (needs of the Marine Corps assumed)?

What is this ball committee? Any other obscure stash job recommendations?

HueyCobra8151

pilot
When I went through there were a few awesome obscure ones, but I think they got rid of alot of those.

I was actually in there recently and it looked like guys are showing up, doing IFS right away, and checking in to API pretty shortly thereafter.

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
When I went through there were a few awesome obscure ones, but I think they got rid of alot of those.

I was actually in there recently and it looked like guys are showing up, doing IFS right away, and checking in to API pretty shortly thereafter.

awwww....look at the pretty little wings Huey's got now....Congrats again bro!

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
Christ, time flies. I'm seeing a lot of the characters that commissioned around the time did with these pretty little gold wings. And a few after...

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Men at Work- Land Down Under; reminds me of a cruise video a buddy of mine showed me with some serious pitching deck landings.