• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Tomcat Legacy; 35+ years from Fleet Air Defender to Recce to Precision Strike

Pags

N/A
pilot
Feeling left out??? You guys get to fly these things whether they have rotors or pointy noses. Look at me...I'm holed up in my moms attic sitting in my VF-103 underoos building plastic models looking at Fighterfling videos on Youtube form 95' eating Cheetos. No..serously.:icon_lol:

Touche...still, you should make some helos.

Lobster

Feeling left out??? You guys get to fly these things whether they have rotors or pointy noses. Look at me...I'm holed up in my moms attic sitting in my VF-103 underoos building plastic models looking at Fighterfling videos on Youtube form 95' eating Cheetos. No..serously.:icon_lol:

My life in college at the moment minus the cheetos plus a beer...

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
C'mon...I'll throw out some rep points for that. The cockpit detail work is amazing man. I really like how you got the paint job EXACTLY right. That plane looks like it's been through hundreds of wash jobs!

Nice Work!!

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Hasegawa 1:48? I tried that one after the Academy 1:32 F/A-18C I built a few years back and grew too frustrated to finish it.

Absolutely phenomenal work.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I was just about to ask what brand do you recommend. I'd like to build a P-3C with some of this downtime I've got in the RAG, but Hasegawa is the only brand I've found that made/makes a model. I've only ever built Revell models (with nowhere near the level of success of yours)... What's your airbrush setup?

I'm glad I'm married... otherwise this would be a really nerd post. I keed I keed.

edit: just looked some more and found a Revell P-3. recommendations from the expert?

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
I see your in JAX. I'm heading down to JAX tomorrow to visit a friend that's an instructor for the P-3. Do you know Shoe?
Pickle probably does (he spends more time talking than he does flying!) and I'm certain Webmaster would (that guy knows everyone!).

Very cool work! Quite impressive!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Great modeling job, 'Near-Jet' (that's what we used to call the Citation :D) ... but when I saw the title of the thread .... well, you know what I though.

Here's some REAL LOVE for VF-213 BLACKLIONS (one of whom 'tagged' Trophy Wife ® on the buttocks w/ a squadron sticker @ a mixer at the O'Club :D -- he was obviously a man of taste) ....

..... on the end of runway 07 @ CUBI -- complete w/ Grande Island on the horizon between #'s 2 & 3 -- them getting ready to enter the bounce pattern -- me gettin' ready to show 'em MY buttocks as they went by and wave 'em ...

dsc02007p.jpg

photo by A4sForever

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I know two or three Tomcat guys that would pay top dollar for that model, throw in that base and you might be the next millionaire!!!

badger16

None
Great work as always. That base you made for it is really sharp looking. Always enjoy looking at pictures of you work. I'd really be interested to know if you have a website as well. Again, BZ!