• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Pacific

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Love the God's eye view of the flame thrower. Seldom has a cooler, more simple weapon been devised: Spray fire on your enemy.

Brett

bob88899

Reminds me of something i saw on the history channel about this marine who was flame thrower re-fueler(something to that effect)... the guy he was helping w/the flame thrower went down.. he picked it up and ended up single handly taking out multiple gun emplacements. He said he blacked out during the whole event and doest remember a thing, but it was witnessed by fellow marines and he got the medal of honer... his names escapes me at the moment:confused:

Rass

Reminds me of something i saw on the history channel about this marine who was flame thrower re-fueler(something to that effect)... the guy he was helping w/the flame thrower went down.. he picked it up and ended up single handly taking out multiple gun emplacements. He said he blacked out during the whole event and doest remember a thing, but it was witnessed by fellow marines and he got the medal of honer... his names escapes me at the moment:confused:

I think i saw the same thing on the History Channel. Was this the guy? Not sure about the re-fueler part.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hershel_W._Williams

bob88899

Ya that is him! He is one badass marine! (ya im not to sure about the re-fueler part either... but the history channel made it seem like he picked up the flamethrower from a fallen marine from which he was supporting, but the article says he was a demo/flamethrower guy,).

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not clear, and NMCI is too slow to look it up right now - is this jam a 'true story' like Band of Brothers, or historical fiction?

MidWestEwo

None
I think i saw the same thing on the History Channel. Was this the guy? Not sure about the re-fueler part.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hershel_W._Williams

"Covered by only four riflemen, he fought desperately for four hours under terrific enemy small-arms fire and repeatedly returned to his own lines to prepare demolition charges and obtain serviced flame throwers, struggling back, frequently to the rear of hostile emplacements, to wipe out one position after another.
One occasion saw him daringly mounted on a pillbox to insert the nozzle of his flame thrower through the air vent, killing the occupants and silencing the gun. On another, he grimly charged enemy riflemen who attempted to stop him with bayonets and destroyed them with a burst of flame from his weapon."

:eek: