• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Pacific

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
All that takes is $$$$$ ... chump change for either. That takes NOTHING other than a good accountant ...

Where were they when it might cost THEM something ... cost them personally ... the ol' blood, sweat, & tear thing ... ???

Your defense of Hollywood elites: I'm not impressed. :sleep_125

I'm not comparing them to national heroes by any means, I'm simply saying they HAVE contributed to something for the greater good. And if their celebrity and money allowed them to do so, then they contributed in the way their capabilites allowed, just like my dumb, O-2 ass contributes by flying, standing duty and drinking on weekends.... and someday quite soon might have to fly over ass-crackistan to pick up a fallen brother or sister.

Spielberg has certainly made a lot of movies/series/specials about important things like the holocaust, big military campaigns, wars etc which has brought about a LOT of public awareness..

I'm not defending Paris Hilton. I think the Shoah foundation wasn't just a check-writing-EX on Spielberg's behalf... I think it was a foundation set up with the best intentions which took him a lot of money and effort to do. But maybe I'm wrong and he's just another hollywood superficial scumbag.

Truce? :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I'm not comparing them to national heroes....Truce? :D
Who possibly could/would compare them to 'heroes' ... ???

I'm just comparing them to the 'normal guys' ... you know; the guys they portray in their flicks.

Truce??? I didn't know there was a 'war' ... but then, neither did Spielberg & Hanks ... :D

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Hank's co-star, Gary Sinise, has been pretty damn great though......
BTW...He does a radio spot promoting Fisher House....This is the CFC season, and if you fellow ADubs aren't familiar with it, it's an amazing organization you should think about.
http://www.fisherhouse.org/

ditto on Dennis Miller too.

I completely agree.

Sinise and Miller are two really great guys who get involved on a regular basis.

Certainly worth a mention here more than once.

osu33

I think i saw the same thing on the History Channel. Was this the guy? Not sure about the re-fueler part.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hershel_W._Williams

Had the chance to meet and listen to "Woody" speak at one of our ROTC quarterdeck balls. Incredible speaker, incredible person, and incredibly humble about his citation and experience. He's still very active in supporting veterans and active duty. True hero in all senses of the word. After speaking to him that evening, he gave me one of his challenge coins. If he is featured in the series, I'm very intrigued to see how Hanks/Spielberg portray him. They'd better stick to the facts.

Attachments

• WWchallengecoin.jpg
    WWchallengecoin.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 18
  • WWchallengecoin2.jpg
    WWchallengecoin2.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 10