• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Officer Recruiter is in...

Halstead

Oh yeah...your "little drama Cinderella wish princess" happens to ALREADY work for the D.O.D. on Base!!!

AS IF I'm so squished by your MERE ATTEMPT at a dog pile!!

ha ha ha ha ...nice try!

exNavyOffRec

At WHAT POINT did my wanting to become a Naval Officer become or seem UNREALISTIC?

I think what he and I are trying to say is that certain designators have a much harder time getting accepted to OCS, for many designators the biggest hurdle is getting a pro Y (such as Intel and other IDC designators), but for Pilot if you have a decent GPA and decent ASTB getting to OCS is the easier part, for them the biggest hurdle is flight school.

There have been many people on this site who's recruiters have made it seem like it was easy to get accepted and when they were not accepted they were surprised and shocked, knowing that it is nearly impossible to get into IDC prepares people better so that if they get a "no" that they have understood it is very difficult to get in and they gave it a shot, and for those that get a "yes" that they beat the odds and this is an opportunity they will hopefully make the most of.

Halstead

I'm no
I think what he and I are trying to say is that certain designators have a much harder time getting accepted to OCS, for many designators the biggest hurdle is getting a pro Y (such as Intel and other IDC designators), but for Pilot if you have a decent GPA and decent ASTB getting to OCS is the easier part, for them the biggest hurdle is flight school.

There have been many people on this site who's recruiters have made it seem like it was easy to get accepted and when they were not accepted they were surprised and shocked, knowing that it is nearly impossible to get into IDC prepares people better so that if they get a "no" that they have understood it is very difficult to get in and they gave it a shot, and for those that get a "yes" that they beat the odds and this is an opportunity they will hopefully make the most of.
t saying it's "easy" to be accepted; however, it is an attainable goal for me.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Halstead, a little advice woman to woman: Chill out.

NavyOffRec nailed it with his post above. You have put together your package and whether or not you are selected, you will keep moving on with your life.

I have a couple prof. rec'd.
From Commanders & Capt.

Those are letters of recommendations. Pro-Recs come from the board. A Pro-Rec is the first step in becoming a Naval Officer. The step after that is the Final Select, then OCS at the end of which, commission.

Halstead

NavyOffRec nailed it with his post above. You have put together your package isand whether or not you are selected, you wiAll I know ll keep moving on with your life.

Those are letters of recommendations. Pro-Recs come from the board. A Pro-Rec is the first step in becoming a Naval Officer. The step after that is the Final Select, then OCS at the end of which, commission.
Thank you for the clarification.

NavyOffRec nailed it with his post above. You have put together your package and whether or not you are selected, you will keep moving on with your life.

All I know is I have recommendation letters from Capt. & Commander XO.
Great interviews and recommendation from the board ...the prof. board rec.

exNavyOffRec

and..... my guess is that the OR you are working with told you what was needed to submit your application and you are doing it essentially on your own, this makes things easy for the OR and lets you take ownership of your application, you do your best and no matter the outcome you move forward in life.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Thank you for the clarification.

All I know is I have recommendation letters from Capt. & Commander XO.
Great interviews and recommendation from the board ...the prof. board rec.

You are welcome.

Good interviews and recommendations are a great addition to your package. However, I am a bit confused. You said in another thread that you were taking the ASTB/OAR test this morning? (You posted it last Thursday). If you haven't taken the test you could not have had your package submitted to a pro-board. Has your package been submitted and thus you got the Pro-Rec Y? Or did you have strong recommendations after having gone before a panel of officers? This clarification will help all of us in forming responses and answers to future questions.

Halstead

and..... my guess is that the OR you are working with told you what was needed to submit your application and you are doing it essentially on your own, this makes things easy for the OR and lets you take ownership of your application, you do your best and no matter the outcome you move forward in life.
My recruiter & I have a goal of success in my application process. We are working as a team.