• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Naples incident/how to ruin your career before it's started/make others suffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, see - the fun thing about it is that it doesn't matter if they're AD or not. If someone's bounced from an initial-training program, skipper has the option to send them home. So what difference would it make if they had "USNR" after their name?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, see - the fun thing about it is that it doesn't matter if they're AD or not. If someone's bounced from an initial-training program, skipper has the option to send them home. So what difference would it make if they had "USNR" after their name?
Actually, none, as everyone gets commissioned active duty now, IIRC.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
When I was on WestPac '02, my sub was supposed to do Battle Group Ops with the shitty kitty (Kitty Hawk) out of Yoko, but it never happened due to some crew shenanigans. They were bitching about going underway and supposedly set fire to some engineering spaces to stay in port.

Man... Some things never change. The Kitty Hawk sailors were well known for their shenanigans, even when I was in Yoko for my two deployments many moons ago.

trackgain

I was on active duty all four years at USNA (at least that's what my ID said). I'm pretty sure the other academies do it the same way.

You may have been considered active duty while at USNA, but it does not count toward time in service. You are not a commisssioned officer with 4 years, you are commisssioned with no years in.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
You bouys (sic) crack me up sometimes .... what w/ all your concerns, troubles, brown vs. black shoes and "what should I do's" .... :D

When I was in the "Great Pool" waiting to start VT-1 @ Saufley ... our days usually revolved around:

PT in the AM at the gym down by the LEX on the quay ...

Followed by an "all-in" game of Tactics II in the BOQ lobby; the outcome of which COULD have changed the world as we knew it ...

Followed by a 60-70 MPH drive home to arrive by 1500 hours and see if General Hospital's Dr. Steve Hardy was/was not the father of Nurse Jessie's baby ...

Ahhhh ... the simpler times. :)
General Hospital started in 1963.
T-2 enter service in 1959.
VT-1 decommed in 1976.
Tactics 2 however was first published in 1958 by Avalon Hill.
My roll of the dice would have A4's as a 1965 wingee+/1 a year.
We will say he winged at age 23 or 24.
That would be a 1941 or so birthday.
Making A4's about 68.
Sorry A4's for saying you were 80 something ;)

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
General Hospital started in 1963.
T-2 enter service in 1959.
VT-1 decommed in 1976.
Tactics 2 however was first published in 1958 by Avalon Hill.
My roll of the dice would have A4's as a 1965 wingee+/1 a year.
We will say he winged at age 23 or 24.
That would be a 1941 or so birthday.
Making A4's about 68.
Sorry A4's for saying you were 80 something ;)

Exxxxcellent... (pulling handle bar mustache). Now I have to find out where exactly Flash works and my AW gumshoeing is complete.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Except it was only in the last couple of years that he retired from his airline, and that was before the age 65 rule came into effect. So he's probably in his early 60s.

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
According to Statesman it is, crucifixions are done on Mondays.....hence the phrase "sounds like a case of the Mundays"

I recommend following their public crucifixions they are sent to the front lines in Afghanistan as army privates for a year.

I guess the whole "Naval Aviation takes care of its own" doesn't apply until wings.

Thats a fact, and its the part of naval aviation(and the navy in general) that i hate with a passion.

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
I've never heard of this Tatics II game. What is that, Atari 5200? ColecoVision? The allegedly portable Apple IIC??

appleiic.jpg

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
Well, if the Puma's portable then I guess it stands to reason that everything in it is also. Maybe I've been excessively harsh on Apple all these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.