• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The impossible to make separate thread (Ghost F-35)

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
There are a bunch of listings for sale on Facebook Marketplace. My favorite was a well done photoshop of it parked in a Buc Ees parking lot. Sadly, that one was taken down.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Heard some audio of the 911 call for the pilot (who landed in someone’s backyard). As this story unfolds I see great potential for a movie. First, we “borrow” some plot elements, specifically the Quakers” from the Harrison Ford movie “Witness.” The movie opens with a -35 suffering a malfunction of sorts that forces him to eject. The mystery jet keeps flying a bit before crashing…but in our movie both come down deep in Quaker farmland. The pilot is mildly injured, but the nearest phone is 25 miles away…and now it gets good. A Chinese (OK, Norks or some Dr. Evil group so Hollywood can get some Chinese money) team intent on stealing American technology hears the mayday and eject calls and sets out to find the aircraft before the U.S. can…but a hurricane is now entering the area putting all phones and power out for miles around. Through the sturm und drang our pilot hero has to make patriots of the Quakers to help him find and hide the -35 while “bad guys” terrorize central Pennsylvania (or wherever) in their effort to find the tech first! Of course, at some point, we would have an elderly Quaker answering questions (to say the USAF search team) where he describes the crashing jet noises just like our good SC friend did..except with a German accent.

I think it could be a hit. Please don’t bother me for a bit…I don’t want to miss the call from Hollywood.

VMO4

The 911 call reminded me of my father's story of when he bailed out of a N2S while instructing primary students at then Bunker Hill NAS (now Grissom AFB) in 1942. His chute landed him in a farmer's field, he walked over to the farmhouse front door, knocked and asked to use the phone, and then got feed dinner by the family while waiting for the ambulance. The smoking hole from the N2S was visible in the distance, so he had that going for him.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Heard some audio of the 911 call for the pilot (who landed in someone’s backyard). As this story unfolds I see great potential for a movie. First, we “borrow” some plot elements, specifically the Quakers” from the Harrison Ford movie “Witness.” The movie opens with a -35 suffering a malfunction of sorts that forces him to eject. The mystery jet keeps flying a bit before crashing…but in our movie both come down deep in Quaker farmland. The pilot is mildly injured, but the nearest phone is 25 miles away…and now it gets good. A Chinese (OK, Norks or some Dr. Evil group so Hollywood can get some Chinese money) team intent on stealing American technology hears the mayday and eject calls and sets out to find the aircraft before the U.S. can…but a hurricane is now entering the area putting all phones and power out for miles around. Through the sturm und drang our pilot hero has to make patriots of the Quakers to help him find and hide the -35 while “bad guys” terrorize central Pennsylvania (or wherever) in their effort to find the tech first! Of course, at some point, we would have an elderly Quaker answering questions (to say the USAF search team) where he describes the crashing jet noises just like our good SC friend did..except with a German accent.

I think it could be a hit. Please don’t bother me for a bit…I don’t want to miss the call from Hollywood.
Jesus Christ, Griz. Did you know the Hollywood writer's strike is set to end soon?

Get this shit into a producer soon, like ricky-tik. ?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot

Make sure to include a montage of the PAO royally blowing the messaging and being made fun of across the internet for "losing an airplane". Gotta have some comic-relief value in there.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Make sure to include a montage of the PAO royally blowing the messaging and being made fun of across the internet for "losing an airplane". Gotta have some comic-relief value in there.
We’ll make him the anti-hero, the guy rattled by the event and then further by threats from the CHYCAP/Nork/Dr. Evil bad guys.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Meanwhile, this piece of shit spent the weekend on Twitter engaging in and spreading the absolute worst kind of speculation about this mishap. Ward Carroll is not a friend of Naval Aviation. He is literally making money off the exploitation of mishaps like these. It's a disgrace.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Meanwhile, this piece of shit spent the weekend on Twitter engaging in and spreading the absolute worst kind of speculation about this mishap. Ward Carroll is not a friend of Naval Aviation. He is literally making money off the exploitation of mishaps like these. It's a disgrace.

I mean, Brett, you get upset when I get emotional around here. But. I share the emotional sentiment.