• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The impossible to make separate thread (Ghost F-35)

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot

Wowwwww... that's some serious flight test technique there. I've never been able to attribute aircraft performance directly to avionics before. I'd love to see a white paper on how they did that. Maybe they think the black boxes are too heavy?

Clearly we have soooo much to learn from the "D" PRK. :rolleyes:

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Wowwwww... that's some serious flight test technique there. I've never been able to attribute aircraft performance directly to avionics before. I'd love to see a white paper on how they did that. Maybe they think the black boxes are too heavy?

Clearly we have soooo much to learn from the "D" PRK. :rolleyes:
It's a parody account. They get a lot of people to bite.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Good to know. Not on that platform, but it's always nice to see someone making fun of the Norks.

They seriously got major news organizations to quote their posts, so no worries. It does post some funny shit though. It's borderline (I'm not sure if this is real, or parody)...

Like you said, anything making fun of those assholes is good.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I had a buddy punch out of of a War Hoover after the pilot misdiagnosed postal gyrations for a spin and applied the wrong control inputs. Punched out going through 10,000 feet out of control, The in trim aircraft continued to fly for some time even though it had two smoking holes in the canopy and two people fewer sitting out in the nose, plane was followed by a contract learjet providing cruise missile practice to a frigate. Once out of fuel It eventually made a nice gentle landing on the surface of the Pacific out in W291.All it took was forcefully removing the pilot from the control stick. once the guy behind the stick was removed rather dramatically the aircraft wanted to fly and did.

edit Sorry guys. On reading my original post I see my stroke damaged brain was guiding my typing, you will likely see some sketchy posts from me for awhile. Therapy is focusing on walking and opening gin bottles with my left hand, not AW posts. ;)
Glad to hear your rehab and recovery are going well.

I don't know if I've ever seen a more appropriate example of the type of folks who live in rural South and North Carolina. They're the salt of the earth. ?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Nothing beats the Vice article I saw a couple of days ago that said they install special radar reflectors on F-35 to make it harder to detect, and how the airplane is inherently unreliable and dangerous. ?

I reported it to Apple as verifiably false disinformation, and now I can’t find it, so maybe they pulled the article.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Let me tell you how these things work down here. If you are a news person in the South, you absolutely must identify this guy and interview him. He might have been standing next to his MIT double Phd. brother that also witnessed the crash , but he gets on the news.
That’s funny - and accurate. I grew up driving John Deeres and hunting in that rural area - and my cousin’s son is at MIT working on his PhD. And despite being away from big cities, we did have a Miss America from my hometown, a Miss Universe from 1 town over and another Miss Universe a couple of counties away. Not bad for rural South Carolina.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
That’s funny - and accurate. I grew up driving John Deeres and hunting in that rural area - and my cousin’s son is at MIT working on his PhD. And despite being away from big cities, we did have a Miss America from my hometown, a Miss Universe from 1 town over and another Miss Universe a couple of counties away. Not bad for rural South Carolina.
There is a storied history of SC beauty pageant contestants. For example...

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Maybe I need to get up there to find Wife 2.0? ?

It's really not far from where I am. BTW, despite being on board JB Charleston, we didn't hear about any of these shenanigans until it hit the news.

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
“There’s gold in them there hills.”