• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Milestone Thread (1000 traps club + Carrier milestones)

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
What is wrong with rewarding someone for years of great services by helping them out with a few traps if time and money permits? Yes the deck crew would like to be in their racks, but that doesn't stop us from wasting fuel from time to time to give a great enlisted person a ride in a hornet as a reward for their service and renlistment. Why should it stop us from rewarding a great officer as long as there is no adverse impact?

Furthermore, JOs don't deserve anything. A good JO has a responsibility to support his superior officers just as much as the superiors have the responsibility to support and look out for their JOs. You make them look good and they make you look good.
Yes I have no fleet experience and the only thing I have to go off of is what my fellow buddies tell me of theirs.

I also would like to see this thread locked as the only good to come of it would be the eventual defamation of a long and successful career.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
1000 traps grey fleet airplane deems respect. Getting your last 200 for a thousand on a shore tour in a clownjet doesn't in my opinion. Thats the point of the question starting this thread...
But that's not how you started this thread. You started it by maligning a respected aviator's reputation. So what was the point of you starting this thread? So you could attack his reputation? If you truly believe this is illegal or unethical, call the FWA hotline, don't bring it here.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Maybe its time to close this thread? Seems to be going downhill now.

I also would like to see this thread locked...

"You're out of your element, Donny!"
walter01.jpg

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Kill thread, its as DEAD as my tailhook membership... Back into my single anchor master race cave to drink my freshly poured Koolaid! :skull_125

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I had lunch one day with the XO of the Vinson at the time. He was a former F-14 pilot and pretty could dude from all accounts. At the lunch, he informed me he had just gotten his 700th trap. Pretty awesome. Now I later learned he did it from the right seat of an S-3. So do right or rear seat traps count for the 1000 trap club? I'm not trying to start an NFO vs pilot thing here, just asking the question.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
99% of the time orange and white don't mix with grey jets (I think it is against AIRLANT instructions?), unless strings (the A in FWA) are pulled.

I was in high holding in my grey jet waiting for the orange and whites to get done, then entered the pattern with said CO. I was abeam when he got # 1000. Was kinda cool to hear.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
B200 from (circa '03) Krock got the Fraud Waste and Abuse hotline called for cutting in front of students to the cat (and also got the Grand party and plaque last tailhook reunion)

I have nothing to add to this thread but the fact that this occurred on the April '05 boat (JFK), and 'no shit, there I was.' It pissed a lot of people off and the fact that a couple studs didn't qual due to lack of a couple traps only made it worse. Of course, this was the same individual who originally dictated that all those newly qualed tailhookers were going to be the ones flying the jets back home the next day at 0800. Thankfully, enough convincing and binging and that decision was changed.

/10 traps fo' life.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Kill thread, its as DEAD as my tailhook membership... :skull_125
Sounds like you are disgruntled because things did not go your way in Naval Aviation and you were pushed out of the fraternity/voted off the island. www.YourTearsSustainMe.com .......so why did you change your "T-2C TA-4 F-14A T-45 4000 Hours" profile to "Probably more hours than your skipper?

I'm not trying to start an NFO vs pilot thing here, just asking the question.
I have 276 NFO traps...logbook closed out......I am fresh with 10 pilot traps....new/different logbook.....I know plenty of pilots who have had to sit in the back of the S-3 for logistical reasons and that trap definitely did not count for them towards career totals.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I have 276 NFO traps...logbook closed out......I am fresh with 10 pilot traps....new/different logbook.....I know plenty of pilots who have had to sit in the back of the S-3 for logistical reasons and that trap definitely did not count for them towards career totals.

It certainly seemed as if he was counting that trap. If NFO's count traps, then I see no problem counting those traps from the right or rear as total traps.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator

1000 traps grey fleet airplane deems respect. Getting your last 200 for a thousand on a shore tour in a clownjet doesn't in my opinion. Thats the point of the question starting this thread...

Im off the riding/flying thing, we won't collectivelly change our opinions ever.

A trap is a trap, grey, white, yellow, blue. Opinions are like assholes, we've all got them. However, someone certainly sounds very bitter.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
once again, YGTBSMP... im back out of my cave... DUCK!

I changed it to avoid any possible frag from calling a percieved spade a spade. My distrust for the leadership is decades old, well founded and shared by a sizable community (albeit a quiet community mostly at Delta, SWA and Fedex now). Squeeze saw this sort of ass clownery in action. It will apparently continue.

Welcome to my island, and my fraternity, NUGGET! DUCK!

Lemme guess yer trudging your way through the FRS (go ahead and wear your "trips" patches the single anchor instructors will probably ask you for ball flying tips:icon_tong) followed by short turn around cycle two cruises (have fun!), quick shore tour for JPME on to your Department Head tour if you are worth a sh*t. Good luck from there. Seen it, seeing it and will see more.

disgruntled? Ive always gotten exactly what I want orders wise, no complaints. Ive kicked ass, taken names and been rewarded handsomelly earning my pay everyday... hope you follow along.

Keep following along, believing everything they tell you, it will serve you well.:D The pussification of naval aviation is sadly ongoing.

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Lets tone it down with a simple question for my own education...

Why do Hummer and COD pilots not get the trap whilst sitting in the right seat?:confused: That is one ugly, hard to land bieatch.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Lets tone it down with a simple question for my own education...

Why do Hummer and COD pilots not get the trap whilst sitting in the right seat?:confused: That is one ugly, hard to land bieatch.
Chaff, Flare....Continue....you sure know how to make friends.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Keep following along, believing everything they tell you, it will serve you well.:D The pussification of naval aviation is sadly ongoing.

I was winged over twenty years ago and spent eighteen of my twenty years in the cockpit. I have to admit that I sometimes look at posts here about training command, and even the fleet, and think WTF. That being said, the kids out there today are living the dream and trying to be the best Aviators and Naval Flight Officers they can be. I hope they appreciate the "back in my day" stories some of BTDT guys have and take some of these hard earned lessons to heart and apply them to the tasks they have before them.

Calling Naval Air "pussified" pretty much a zero-content comment from you MAKEVAPES.

By the way, if anyone thinks traps, pilot or NFO are going to ever matter for promotion or anything else they're mistaken. Bag what you can for your own satisfaction.