• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Milestone Thread (1000 traps club + Carrier milestones)

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Has it been 11 years? How time flies, 100,000 traps!:eek:

http://www.news.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=30098

onth.jpg

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Crazy. When I was in nuke school, we were all running scared they were going to send all of us to the Stennis before it commissioned, whether you volunteered for subs or not. Thank god it wasn't even close to being done by the time we finished.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Son of a gun, I still don't have a trap aboard her! I need her and the Kitty and I've got the west coast covered (plus 3 east coast ships).

freshy

Genius by birth. Slacker by choice.
pilot
Speaking of trapping...and being a whore....I got my cherry popped a week or so ago on the Truman. 10 traps in one day... One of the best days of my life by far!!!!

Anyone got any good video from the last boat?...there were shit loads of studs there. I would appreciate any links or pm's!!

Sarge

CNAF COS
pilot
Contributor
Son of a gun, I still don't have a trap aboard her! I need her and the Kitty and I've got the west coast covered (plus 3 east coast ships).

I only need GW to have them all covered!! May be hard with GW moving to Japan. BTW, I was the CAG LSO for about 16,000 of those Stennis traps.

robav8r

None
Contributor
I made the maiden deployment onboard JCS in '98 with VS-31 and
CVW-7. Awesome cruise - especially the port calls in Australia and Hobart, Tazmania!
:icon_carn

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Ok, sea story. Back in 99, the Connie is looking for her 10,000th trap......on this cruise. CAG (who was later fired) decided that he would send up a junior LSO from each squadron. I was the only COD LSO. We launch, start trapping (we have like 5 traps to go) and during that time, a name would be drawn out of hat and the name selected would come on down for the 10,000the trap for WESTPAC 99. Low and behold, the Bunks name is pulled. Well, CAG was on the platform and did not like that all. Afterall, the cake had a jet on it (F-14 I belive) and he made the comment that no way was a COD guy taking the 10,000th trap....according to my fellow paddles on the platform. I ended up making the 9,999th trap that cruise. Such is life of those who fly the big, dumb and ugly :)

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
He was talking about the Stennis 100,000th trap. It's in the original link.

Makes sense then. I obviously thought he was talking about the record trap deployment for the Connie from my rather :sleep_125 sea story.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Makes sense then. I obviously thought he was talking about the record trap deployment for the Connie from my rather :sleep_125 sea story.

Sorry Bunk, my bad. I tend to jump into mid sentence, assuming all know where I am coming from. Was talking about the Stennis 100K trap with VFA 154 Rhino. The newly minted XO was the pilot.

Nope, afraid not in 1999. Last time I was on Connie was 1965 (think, too lazy to look up). It was the cruise in which Jean Dixon, noted soothsayer, predicted that Connie would go down with all hands.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It was the cruise in which Jean Dixon, noted soothsayer, predicted that Connie would go down with all hands.
Thank God most of her predictions never came true! I never heard her "Connie prediction" but it figures. And to think a lot of "prominent" people believed her, early on because of her supposed assasination prediction. :(

Insert Threadjack Apology here: Now back to your regularily schedued Stennis trap thread in progress.....