• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The great Helo debate

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm sure there is. I don't have the maintenance connections anymore, but if you talk to your Sikorsky rep, he/she might be able to coordinate with GE.
60's have Sikorsky reps in house at the wing or something?

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
In HSC-Expeditionary West, the tech reps are out of the fleet squadrons and hang out at HSC-3, the FRS. They are supposed to be available to everyone, but usually the Maintenance Khaki are the only ones working with them.

busdriver

None
I've heard and used the 30% gouge as well. It's ranged from icy ramp rationale to going easy on the trans. Of course I've never heard of a rate limiter, guess I'll have to pull out the dash one and see about that. AK60, are you using yet another differing screen name? If so you weren't kidding with screen name indecision thing.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Otto, you've blown the Nr, Np, Ng relationship every single time you've mentioned them.

You haven't just shed H-60 NATOPS, you've shed everything since FAM/CFAM 1 in HTs!

AK60

No, I'm new around here Busdriver. Is there another Alaska guy crawling around? FWIW I've never heard of a rate limiter either. Doesn't surprise me though, as our -1 is less than stellar.

busdriver

None
Not around here, but 60driver / hawk driver is lurking around baseops / socnet. No arguement on our awesome dash one. For what it's worth for the navy folks, I've heard that some of our stuff is based on old H-3 info too.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
60's have Sikorsky reps in house at the wing or something?

We had one in Hawaii and then we had a special Reserve contract for one at my last squadron. Maybe because we were in our own little world we got one each time. I know -51 had one in Japan, as well.

phrogpilot73

We HAD a Boeing Tech Rep in Norfolk. With the whole retirement of the Phrog thing, they've all consolidated in Quantico and Cherry Point near as I can tell...

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
I thank you, Joboy, for providing me some entertainment to pass the time, as I sit here on Kandahar, wasting time...