• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Cats and Dogs on Aircraft Carriers Thread . . . with F-16 insanity!

Did it happen? An F-16 trapped??\

• Yep, real deal.

Votes: 19 12.6%
  • Nope, you are high.

Votes: 74 49.0%
  • I think it was on JAG....

Votes: 58 38.4%

• Total voters

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Def only one guy in that T-2. Saw the video and got the T-shirt. THere is also a memorial on the Lex in Corpus about the incident. They also showed the video there.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
bunk22 said:
As a former LSO (squadron qualified), we study many cases at LSO school with this being one of them. I have the video at home as well. There was only a student flying that T-2. Instructors do not ride in the back during SNA's first time at the boat.

damn, then that poor solo had a double whammy.

Hudson

You want to watch some one die? When we do it is part of our job. Examples of what not to do, training and all.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A side note: The younger brother of the student killed at the Lex... died at the Pentagon on 9/11.

Grant

JetJunkie said:
The videos of USAF F-4 Phantom II's i saw didn't seem to have a tailhook.

USAFF-4Phantom2.jpg

Looks like a tailhook. And the Canadian CF-18's have a tailhook too, I linked these pics straight from the RCAF website....

hornet_9.jpg

...and...

hornet_10.jpg

And about the F-16 on the carrier deal. I'm with the others, doesnt sound right. I'm thinking BS.

SemperFitz

Expert in Nameology
Here is some info about the C-130 I found via google, take it for what it's worth.

Here's a photo. Pulled it from Code One, and here is part of the story.

"The Hercules earned its sea legs in November 1963 when a Marine KC-130F was flown to a first landing on the USS Forrestal (CVA-59) while the aircraft carrier was underway in the Atlantic. Lt. Jim Flatley and Lt. Cmdr. W. W. “Smokey” Stovall were at the controls and completed a series of twenty-one full-stop landings and takeoffs at increasingly higher weights. Successfully operating a large transport from the deck of a carrier was an amazing feat at the time. More amazingly perhaps, the very same aircraft (Navy Bureau number 149798) is still in operational service forty years later and was flown in Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom"

Attachments

• herc.jpg
    herc.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 69

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
I believe that would be a special theme... I've seen some good US ones. Don't the canadians paint a canopy on the bottom of their hornets? That is a cool idea...

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I think the A-10's paint is shaded on the bottom as well, to make it difficult to determine it's orientation from the ground.