• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great Cats and Dogs on Aircraft Carriers Thread . . . with F-16 insanity!

Did it happen? An F-16 trapped??\

• Yep, real deal.

Votes: 19 12.6%
  • Nope, you are high.

Votes: 74 49.0%
  • I think it was on JAG....

Votes: 58 38.4%

• Total voters

FlyingDoc

Punk said:
that was in a Tomcat and it was flying a VIP, when they went inverted, the genius in the back seat thought the ejection handle between his legs was a hand hold, oops

That was the squadron skippers plane too, if I remember correctly

Ironfeliks23

USC- Sr.
All I gots to say is: I love the Herc...and the fact it landed on a flat top is kick ass. End of story. (yeah Fat Albert from the Angels struck a cord with me)

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
The F-16 thing is BS. My dad was the DC at OTD for all F-16 in the airforce during the gulf war. I asked him and he laughed and said good story but nah, didn't happen.

FlyingDoc

Slammer2 said:
wow. I remember reading a story somewhere of another pilot (I believe an f-18) who had to land the jet without a canopy. The hose somehow broke during refueling and cracked the canopy. This was in Afghanistan I think.

Yeah, it was Afghanistan. He was fueling form a KC-135; you need a drogue to be attached to the boom for the 135, the boom/drogue connection broke and it came back and broke the canopy, hit the pilot a few times and damaged the airframe. He emergency landed in Pakistan, got a new canopy and flew back to his boat.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
"There I was, doing SSC, suddenly, a chips light on #3, and the FE informs me that he decided not to do a fuel log for todays flight, and we only have 5k of fuel left.... but there she was, the carrier sitting right there, and I just KNEW I could put the Warpig down, and make that mad boom into an impromptu tailhook...." then someone shakes my shoulder, I lift up the curtain, and its the damn 3P telling me its time to wakeup....

Oh, my head hurts just reading this thread....

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You were supposed to order RELATIVE BEARING GREASE. Try again! :)
ea6bflyr

nittany03 said:
Wow, you're right, I guess everything isn't on the Internet after all. I just hit up amazon.com trying to order a 55 gallon drum of military bearing grease and I couldn't find it. And I thought that was such a common thing too . . . :(

FlyingDoc

By chance, did any Air Force F-4 Phantoms have tail hooks? Could they have landed on a carrier if they wanted?